2 new NEBOSH classroom courses available!
We are excited to announce that Southwest Health and Safety Training have 2 new NEBOSH classroom courses on offer; a NEBOSH HSE Process Safety Course and a NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation course.
The NEBOSH HSE Process Safety qualification
The NEBOSH HSE Process Safety qualification is a level 4 qualification and is for delegates who require the knowledge and understanding of process safety management to ensure they can contribute to the effective management of process safety risks on site.
If you are looking to work or work in any of the following industries, this course is for you:
- The oil and gas industry
The course lasts 5 days and encompasses one unit consisting of the following elements:
- Element 1: Process safety leadership
- Element 2: Management of process risk
- Element 3: Process safety hazard control
- Element 4: Fire protection and emergency response
The qualification will allow you, as an individual to obtain knowledge to do the job safely in the process industry and also help you stand out when interviewing for jobs.
For an employer, this course is hugely beneficial. The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is all about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life. For employers this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
For more information about the NEBOSH HSE Process Safety qualification, see our NEBOSH Process Safety course page.
NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation qualification
The NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation qualification is equivalent to an RQF Level 2 on the SQA framework and is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively. This includes:
- SHE champions
- Union and safety representatives.
The course to complete the qualification lasts one day and covers the following topics:
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
For an individual, the benefits of this course include:
- Being able to independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
For an employer, the benefits are:
- A drive down of repeat incidents
- Confidence that your organisation’s approach to investigations is robust
- Improved safety culture by encouraging a proactive approach to incident investigation
- Build in-company expertise
- An approach to incident investigations that reflect best practice
For more information about the NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation, see our NEBOSH Introduction to Incident Investigation course page.
Andrew, the Director of Southwest Health and Safety stated:, “This is an exciting time for Southwest Health and Safety training. We want to continue to expand our portfolio of NEBOSH courses to help support our mission of keeping businesses and individuals safe through health and safety training and feel these qualifications are invaluable.”
If you have any questions about these courses, please contact Andy on +44 (0)1264 874466.