Course price:£162 (including VAT)
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
CITB Health and Safety Awareness (HSA)
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course will give you a practical understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after yourself and others. It teaches you what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if you think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
Who is the Health and Safety Awareness course for?
What will delegates get from the Health and Safety Awareness course?
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Their individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual Handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational Health
Health and Safety Awareness course content
- Legal and general responsibilities –
State the general responsibilities for health and safety at work.
- Accident reporting and recording –
State how you and your employer are responsible for maintaining a safe place to work.
- Health and welfare –
State the common causes of work-related ill-health. Identify the risks and how you can reduce those risks.
- First aid and emergency procedures –
State the first aid and emergency procedures and know your role within them.
- Personal protective equipment –
Identify the rules for personal protective equipment (PPE), the common forms and their use.
- Asbestos –
List the risks of asbestos in the workplace, how to work with it and its management.
- Respiratory hazards –
State the risks and how to mitigate workplace respiratory hazards.
- Noise and vibration –
State the health risk of excessive noise and vibration and how to mitigate those risks.
- Hazardous substances –
Identify the hazardous substances within the workplace and their role to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Manual handling –
Identify the risks of manual handling, how to recognise activities that pose a risk and how to manage that risk.
- Safety signs –
Identify the safety signs and signals on site.
- Fire prevention and control –
Identify the importance of providing a safe place to work and individual responsibilities.
- Electrical safety, work equipment and hand-held tools –
Identify the common risks associated with electricity and equipment.
Identify a safe method of working.
- Mobile plant and site vehicles –
State how to work safely around the site and the risks from plant and moving machinery.
- Lifting operations and equipment –
State the importance of planning lifting operations and the care of equipment.
- Working at height –
Identify the risks of working at height, how to plan and employ a safe system of work and the use of access equipment.
- Excavations –
State the main dangers of excavations, and how to follow a safe system of working near or in excavations.
- Confined spaces –
State the definition of a confined space and how to work safely within a safe system of work.
- Environmental awareness
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all CITB courses.
How is the CITB Health and Safety Awareness course assessed?
Methods of Assessment:
- Continuous assessment
- End of course examination (multiple choice)
- Individual and group assessed exercises
Accreditation and certification
The certification is issued by CITB – Construction Industry Training Board (Site Safety Plus).
How long does it take to complete the course?
1 day in the classroom.
How much does the Health and Safety Awareness course cost?
£162 (including VAT) for the classroom course.
What funding is available?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.