Course price:£210 plus vat
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
CITB Health and Safety Awareness (HSA)
Course ContentSuccessful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Their individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual Handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational Health
- Legal and general responsibilities - State the general responsibilities for health and safety at work.
- Accident reporting and recording - State how you and your employer are responsible for maintaining a safe place to work.
- Health and welfare - State the common causes of work-related ill-health. Identify the risks and how you can reduce those risks.
- First aid and emergency procedures - State the first aid and emergency procedures and know your role within them.
- Personal protective equipment - Identify the rules for personal protective equipment (PPE), the common forms and their use.
- Asbestos - List the risks of asbestos in the workplace, how to work with it and its management.
- Respiratory hazards - State the risks and how to mitigate workplace respiratory hazards.
- Noise and vibration - State the health risk of excessive noise and vibration and how to mitigate those risks.
- Hazardous substances - Identify the hazardous substances within the workplace and their role to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Manual handling - Identify the risks of manual handling, how to recognise activities that pose a risk and how to manage that risk.
- Safety signs - Identify the safety signs and signals on site.
- Fire prevention and control - Identify the importance of providing a safe place to work and individual responsibilities.
- Electrical safety, work equipment and hand-held tools - Identify the common risks associated with electricity and equipment. Identify a safe method of working.
- Mobile plant and site vehicles - State how to work safely around the site and the risks from plant and moving machinery.
- Lifting operations and equipment - State the importance of planning lifting operations and the care of equipment.
- Working at height - Identify the risks of working at height, how to plan and employ a safe system of work and the use of access equipment.
- Excavations - State the main dangers of excavations, and how to follow a safe system of working near or in excavations.
- Confined spaces - State the definition of a confined space and how to work safely within a safe system of work.
- Environmental awareness
Who should attend
Assessment & Certification
Methods of Assessment:
- Continuous assessment
- End of course examination (multiple choice)
- Individual and group assessed exercises
Book a Course
No course dates currently.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.