Course price:£275 plus vat
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme: Refresher (SMSTS-R) | Classroom
This CITB SMSTS: Refresher (SMSTS-R) course aims to help site managers to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and new working practices.
CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme: Refresher course content
The SMSTS: Refresher course has four main modules that are broken down as listed below:
- Health and safety law
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Health and safety policies
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Induction and training
- Effective communication
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Inspection and audit
- Statutory forms, notices and registers
- Management of health
- Welfare facilities
- Stress and mental health at work
- Drugs and alcohol
- Control of substances hazardous to health
- Dust and fumes
- Manual handling
- Site organisation
- Fire prevention and control and dangerous substances
- Electrical safety
- Temporary works
- Plant and work equipment
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Lifting operations and equipment
- Mobile workforce and driver safety
- Work at Height Regulations
- Safe working at height
- Common access equipment
- Fall arrest and suspension equipment
- Underground and overhead services
- Confined spaces
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all CITB courses.
How long does it take to complete the SMSTS: Refresher course?
2 days for the classroom course.
How much does the SMSTS: Refresher course cost?
£275 plus vat for the classroom course.
What funding is available?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Core Values
Click on the image below and read our core values that are the key foundations to providing a fantastic service to you.
To be your trusted partner for all your health and safety requirements no matter what industry you are in.