Course price:£250 plus vat
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
SSSTS Course Overview
The SSSTS Training (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme) is a two-day site safety training course.
Designed for those who are about to take on, or already have, supervisory responsibilities, it’s an ideal foundation for junior managers wanting to develop a basic understanding of their health and safety duties and responsibilities in construction work.
Who is the CITB SSSTS Course for
This course is ideal for:
- Team leaders
- First line managers
What you’ll learn on the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
This SSSTS Course covers a wide range of key areas, such as:
- The occupational health problems within the construction industry, and how site supervisors can address them
- How health and safety law is structured
- How to properly carry out risk assessments, and understanding the need for method statements
- How to carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- The importance of both proactive and reactive monitoring
- How to intervene in a timely manner when bad practice is identified
With a CITB SSSTS qualification you’ll also gain a basic understanding of:
- Fire prevention & control
- Control of hazardous substances
- Construction design management regulations (CDM)
- Working at height
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Manual handling
- First aid
Assessments FOR Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
You will be expected to interact during the course and the final assessment will consist of the CITB SSSTS Examination (25 multiple choice questions).
Accreditation & Certificates
The accrediting body is the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). On completing the course you will receive a certificate valid for five years.
2 days. Some of our Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme run during the week and some at the weekend.
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this SSSTS training course.
Southampton: 07 - 08 Dec 2020
Book a Course
|Southampton: 23 Sep||£250|
|Southampton: 05 Oct||£250|
|Southampton: 02 Nov||£250|
|Southampton: 07 Dec||£250|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.