Course price:£180 plus vat
CITB SSSTS Refresher - Online ClassroomThis is a one-day refresher Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course. Once you pass this course you will then have a SSSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment. You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course. This is one of the range of Site Safety Plus courses. Delegates taking the SSSTS Refresher course will have an overview of the learning outcomes listed below.
- Health and safety law - Describe the purpose of health and safety legislation and the different legislative requirements that must be followed to ensure this is achieved.
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM) - Explain how the CDM Regulations are used to support health and safety on site.
- Health and safety management systems - Describe how to develop, maintain and monitor a health and safety management system.
- Risk assessments and method statements - Write and use risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working environment.
- Statutory inspections and checks - Outline how to complete statutory inspections and checks for a construction site.
- Reporting accidents, injuries and ill health - Describe how to report accidents, injuries and ill-health that may occur in the construction industry.
- Leadership and worker engagement - Explain how good leadership and worker engagement can aid in protecting the workforce.
- Health and welfare of the workforce - Explain how to protect the health and welfare of the workforce in the construction industry.
- First aid and emergency procedures - Explain how to manage first aid and emergency procedures for a construction site.
- Hazardous substances - Explain how to identify and handle hazardous substances associated with working on a construction site.
- Asbestos - Outline the risks to health posed by asbestos, and the basic legal requirements to manage those risks.
- Dust and fumes - Outline how to control exposure to dust and fumes (respiratory hazards) for workers on a construction site.
- Noise and vibration - Explain how to control exposure to noise and vibration for construction workers.
- Manual handling - Outline how to properly undertake manual handling activities when lifting loads.
- Site set up and security - Identify factors to be considered when setting up a construction site.
- Fire prevention and control - Identify the main fire hazard risks and identify basic requirements for fire safety on site.
- Electricity - Identify the dangers of electricity and good working practices for working on, or near to, live electrical circuits and with electrical tools and equipment.
- Plant and work equipment - State the importance of control and the management of plant, transport and work equipment on site.
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment - Identify the basic requirements for safe lifting operations, equipment and accessories and the steps required to ensure safety.
- Working at height - Describe the key principles for working safely at height.
- Excavations - Outline the main hazards and control considerations for excavation work.
- Underground and overhead services - Describe how to locate, identify and plan for work near underground and overhead services.
- Confined spaces - Describe the main hazards and safety considerations for working in a confined space.
- Temporary works - Describe the main duties of temporary works supervisors.
- Environmental awareness - State your role in environmental awareness on site.
- Pollution - State your role in preventing pollution.
- Waste materials - Explain how environmental damage can occur from improper management of waste materials.
- Nuisance - Explain your part in reducing nuisance, noise, dust and light.
- Continuous assessment.
- You need to attend all 7.5 hours - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
22 July 2020
10 September 2020
08 October 2020
05 November 2020
03 December 2020
Book a Course
|CITB SSSTS (R) - 22 Jul||£180|
|CITB SSSTS (R) - 10 Sep||£180|
|CITB SSSTS (R) - 08 Oct||£180|
|CITB SSSTS (R) - 5 Nov||£180|
|CITB SSSTS (R) - 03 Dec||£180|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.