Course price:£108 (including VAT)
Event location:Andover - SP11 9FA
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
Emergency Paediatric First Aid Classroom
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to gain the knowledge and skills required to enable them to provide effective emergency paediatric first aid.
The course consists of a single unit:
- Unit 1 – Emergency Paediatric First Aid
Who is the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course for?
This qualification is intended for learners such as parents and relatives, pre-school or nursery staff, toddler group volunteers, childminders and nannies, au pairs and foster parents, or anyone who has to deliver ﬁrst aid as part of their role in either childcare settings or a domestic environment.
(Please note if you are a Childminder or work alone on the Compulsory Ofsted Register, then you must take the Full Paediatric First Aid Course)
What will delegates get from the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course?
This course meets the criteria of the reviewed EYFS guideline (March 2017) and the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register. The EPFA course focuses on emergency scenarios that may be faced by those looking after babies and young children.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Control of a scene (planning and dealing with emergencies)
- Provides a full understanding of your responsibilities for safety and health
- This course can be used as evidence for an NVQ in childcare and education
- Meets childcare registration requirements
Benefits of holding the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course include:
- This course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your qualifications to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
What benefits will employers get from the course?
- The course provides the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of emergency paediatric first aid situations
- Training is in accordance with the Department of Education Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework
- Regulated by Ofqual
- The qualification is an accredited Paediatric First Aid course
- Enhanced reputation with customers and suppliers
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all courses.
Emergency Paediatric First Aid course content
The qualification has a total of 7 modules:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
How is the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course assessed?
Learners will be assessed in two ways:
Practical observation – The practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment requires learners to demonstrate practical first aid skills.
Multiple-choice theory assessment – Learners are required to answer a series of questions contained within theory question papers.
Candidates need to have completed both parts of the qualification to gain the full qualification.
How long does it take to complete the course?
1 Day in the classroom.
How much does the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course cost?
£108 (including VAT).
What funding is available for the course?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.
- Training and assessment fees
- Highfield approved textbook
- Comprehensive tutor support from an experienced First Aid trainer throughout your course
- Highfields registration fees
We are able to deliver this course at your venue in the UK or worldwide. To discuss this option, please get in touch by calling 01264 874466 or emailing the office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Emergency Paediatric First Aid Training qualification is accredited by Highfield Qualifications.
There are no requirements to attend the Emergency Paediatric First Aid Training but students must be able to complete all physical aspects of the course.
The full Paediatric First Aid Training would be a great option to complete.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.