Course price:£210 (including VAT)
Event location:Andover - SP11 9FA
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health
The role of a first aider for mental health is to provide basic mental health support or be the first response to someone in need, usually in the workplace. The first aider for mental health is not clinically qualified to assess, diagnose or treat mental ill health but they will know the basic tools to listen to individuals who require first response support for their mental health.
This includes recognising mental ill health in self and others, supporting mental wellbeing in the workplace, understanding how to promote a wellness culture in the workplace and the importance of resilience and self-care for first aiders for mental health.
The Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health qualification is divided into two units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing
- Unit 2: Introduction to first aid for mental health
Who is it for?
This qualification can be taken by learners preparing to enter employment or by those who are already in employment.
No previous knowledge or experience is required to attend this course.
What will delegates get from the Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health course?
A thorough understanding of mental health and mental illness:
- How to provide advice and support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions
- The first aid for the mental health action plan and how to utilise it
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health
- How to promote a wellness culture in the workplace
- Understand the importance of resilience and self-care.
You will have a better understanding of a range of mental health conditions and the support that can be provided by healthcare professionals.
Benefits of holding the course include:
- Being able to recognise mental ill health in others
- Being able to support mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand how to engage in mental health conversations in the workplace
- How to support employees in relation to their mental health and ways to manage own wellbeing
What benefits will employers get from the Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health Course?
When your employees achieve this Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health qualification, they will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained and understanding about mental health.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on our Mental Health courses.
Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health Course Syllabus
The Level 2 First Aid for Mental Health course covers the following subjects:
- Understand mental health and wellbeing
- Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
- Understand the principles of first aid for mental health
- Know how to recognise mental ill health in self and others
- Understand how to support mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand how to promote a mental wellness culture in the workplace
- Understand the importance of resilience and protection of self for first aiders for mental health
How is the Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health course assessed?
This qualification is assessed by 2 multiple-choice examinations, which are externally set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
Assessment is also ongoing by the instructor each day, along with the written assessments above.
How long does it take to complete the course?
This course runs over 2 days.
Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but we have the flexibility to accommodate your specific needs if you require.
How much does the Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health cost?
The cost of this course is £210 (including VAT) per delegate and includes a manual and certification.
What funding is available?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for the certificate, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
How do I book the Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health is accredited with Highfield Qualifications.
Please call us to arrange this on +44 (0)1264 874466.
People can go on to study the Level 3 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers.
Andover: 10 - 11 May 2021
Andover: 12 - 13 July 2021
Andover: 20 - 21 September 2021
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.