Course price:£108 (including VAT)
Event location:Andover - SP11 9FA
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing | Classroom
The objective of the Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing qualification is to prepare learners to progress to a qualification in another subject area and/or to give learners personal growth and engagement in learning, specifically in relation to understanding the basic principles of mental health.
The qualification introduces learners to the concepts of mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing. It aims to provide a learner with an understanding that all individuals have mental health and how they may be able to support others. The unit also provides learners with an understanding of how to self-manage their own mental health and wellbeing.
The qualification is one complete unit:
- Unit 1: Introduction to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing
Who is it for?
This qualification can be taken by learners preparing to enter employment or by those who are already in employment.
No previous knowledge or experience is required to attend this course.
What will delegates get from this Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing course?
A thorough understanding of mental health and mental illness:
- Understand what is meant by Mental Health
- Will be able to provide support to fellow employees and others
- Understand the relevant support agencies to support as required
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the importance of resilience and self-care.
You will have a better understanding of a range of mental health conditions and the support that can be provided by healthcare professionals.
Benefits of holding the course include:
- Being able to recognise mental ill health in others
- Being able to support mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand how to engage in mental health conversations in the workplace
- How to support employees in relation to their mental health and ways to manage own wellbeing
What benefits will employers get from the course?
When your employees achieve this qualification, they will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained and understanding from understanding Mental Health in the Workplace.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on our Mental Health courses.
Level 1 Award in an Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing Course Syllabus
The course covers the following subjects:
- Know what is meant by mental health and mental ill health
- Know how to take care of own mental health and wellbeing
- Know how to provide support to family and friends for their mental health and wellbeing
- Know sources of support for mental health and wellbeing
How is the course assessed?
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination, externally set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
Assessment is also ongoing by the instructor each day, along with the written assessments above.
How long does it take to complete this Mental Health training course?
This course runs over 1 day.
Ideally, the course should be run over a single day but we have the flexibility to accommodate your specific needs if you require.
How much does the Level 1 Award in an Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing cost?
The cost of this course is £108 (including VAT) per delegate and includes a manual and certification.
What funding is available?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for the certificate, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
How do I book the Mental Health classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.
Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing – In-House training
Please call us to arrange this on +44 (0)1264 874466.
The Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing is accredited by Highfield Qualifications
Andover: 03 August 2021
Andover: 15 October 2021
Andover: 06 December 2021
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.