Course price:£195 plus vat
Event location:Unit 3d, The Enterprise Centre, Ludgershall, Andover, Hampshire, SP11 9FA
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
IOSH Leading SafelyGlobally, the safety and health agenda is changing. Leading organisations are changing the way they approach safety and health, with a much broader set of business drivers influencing the way organisations are responding. Organisations that prioritise safety and health as a critical business factor will drive resilience, brand equity, productivity and growth.
Who Should AttendThe course is intended for Directors and Management with strategic responsibility for leading effective health and safety management within an organisation.
What will delegates get from the course
- Safety and health - what it means for different leadership roles
- Responsibilities and behaviours of a leader
- Diagnosing your current leadership behaviours
- What effective safety and health leadership looks like
- What happens when things go wrong - case studies
- How leaders can make improvements - case studies
- The benefits of effective safety leadership
- Reviewing your behaviours and making commitments to change
What will delegates' employer get from the course
- A reduction in accident rates, absence and sick leave
- Increased productivity and profits
- An improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity
Module 1The first module is centred on IOSH’s newly-developed ‘models of safety’. The models outline the various approaches to safety and health that organisations have adopted, including reactive, compliant, active and fully integrated. The models draw on existing maturity matrices and approaches, and experiences from organisations around the world. The models provide invaluable insight for decision-makers and organisations looking to benchmark their current performance, consider where they want their organisation to be and to identify actions that will need to be implemented to help them achieve their stated ambition. The module is split into four areas:
- Leadership characteristics
- A broader approach to safety and health
- Bench-marking current performance
- Improving performance
Module 2The second module enables delegates to test the knowledge they have gained against a case study. The case study is centred on a theoretical global organisation that operates in a number of locations and which has just experienced a number of safety and health incidents. Delegates will be invited to engage in a boardroom scenario where they will have an opportunity to understand why these incidents happened; what the implications were; and how they can ensure, from a leadership perspective, that they will never happen again.
- Applying leadership to safety and health
- Learners will use a diagnostic tool, accessed via a mobile app, to identify their current safety and health position against a set of critical questions.
- The tool recommends the actions they should take. At the end of the course, delegates commit to a personal action plan to improve their own and their organisations’ safety and health management.
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Leading safely certificate.
Cost & BookingThe cost of this course is £195 plus vat per delegate and includes a manual and certification. If you would like this course run at your venue for a group of 8 delegates or more please contact email@example.com with details of your requirements and we will make it happen.
For all other bookings please contact us here.
Book a Course
No course dates currently.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is Keeping you and your business safe by improving health and safety knowledge through training.