Course price:£350 plus vat
Event location:104 Cheney Manor road, Swindon, SN2 2NR
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
IOSH Managing SafelyThe Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Managing Safely is a highly respected international qualification. Created and quality assured by IOSH, this leading IOSH training course introduces managers to the normal aspects of managing health and safety in the workplace. It provides a relevant and deep understanding of the various issues within managers’ responsibilities and explores the reasons why good health and safety practices are essential for success in the workplace.
Who Should AttendManaging Safely is a course for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation. It's designed to give managers all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their teams.
What will delegates get from the courseWhat they need to know - and are perhaps reluctant to learn about - in a refreshingly informal way. The knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they're responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
What will delegates' employers get from the courseA nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their managers and supervisors. Piece of mind offered by training that's designed and quality controlled, a program that can be delivered on site at a time that suits them and often at a lower price.
IOSH CoursesDelegates will be given an insight into health and safety practices, learning about their legal responsibilities to themselves, their employer and others, according to current legislation.
- Introducing Managing Safely - Some managers may see health and safety as an add-on to their role, even an intrusion. The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams.
- Assessing Risks - This module defines and demystifies 'risk' and 'risk assessment'. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and delegates carry out a series of assessments.
- Controlling Risks - Here the session tackles cutting risks down, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks, and how to choose the right method.
- Understanding Your Responsibilities - The demands of the law and how the legal system works, and introduces a health and system management system.
- Identifying Hazards - All the main issues any operation has to deal with are covered in this module - entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise, housekeeping and the working environment.
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents - The session starts with why accidents should be investigated, and goes on to cover why things go wrong, and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
- Measuring Performance - This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
- Protecting our Environment - A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual managers can get involved in cutting down environmental impacts.
Cost & BookingThe cost of this course is £350 plus vat per delegate, and includes a manual and certification. If you would like this course run at your venue for a group of 8 delegates or more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your requirements and we will make it happen.
For all other bookings please contact us here.
24 - 26 August 2020
21 - 23 September 2020
Book a Course
|IOSH MS | 24 Aug||£350|
|IOSH MS | 21 Sep||£350|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.