Course price:£400 + vat
Event location:Andover - SP11 9FA
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
IOSH Managing Safely® | Classroom
The IOSH Managing Safely® course is a practical programme, delivered by experienced tutors, integrating a sharp business focus into the ethos of safety. The hands-on, jargon-free format engages and inspires, and has helped a huge range of businesses to raise their standards of safety and health. Delegates will be given an insight into health and safety practices, learning about their legal responsibilities to themselves, their employer, and others, according to current legislation.
Who is the course for?
This IOSH qualification offers a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors, and staff where health and safety are part of their day to day responsibilities. No previous health and safety knowledge or experience is required to register for this course.
What will delegates get from the IOSH Managing Safely® course?
What they need to know – and are perhaps reluctant to learn about – in a refreshingly informal way. The knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
- Enables you to assess and control risks and hazards
- Provides a full understanding of your responsibilities for safety and health
- Enables you to investigate incidents
- Empowers you to measure your own performance against good practice
Benefits of holding the IOSH course include:
- You will be able to study for a career in health and safety. It’s particularly useful for workers seeking further accreditation from a higher level qualification, for example, the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
What benefits will employers get from the IOSH Managing Safely® course?
- The course provides the skills and knowledge to Manage Safely
- Reduction in accidents and safety incidents
- Improved workforce satisfaction through increased safety awareness throughout the organisation
- Enhanced reputation with customers and suppliers
- Reduction in costs arising from avoidable insurance claims and legal fees
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all IOSH courses.
IOSH Managing Safely® course content
The qualification has a total of 7 modules:
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing Risk
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Understanding Hazards
- Investigating Incidents
- Measuring Performance
See the full IOSH Certificate fact sheet.
How is the IOSH Managing Safely course assessed?
Learners will be assessed in two ways:
- The first thing is delegates will undergo a 45-minute paper assessment which consists of 30 questions in a variety of formats.
- The next thing will require delegates to complete a workplace risk assessment using the standard IOSH form. The project will be marked using IOSH criteria.
Candidates need to have completed both parts of the qualification to gain the full qualification.
How long does it take to complete the IOSH Managing Safely® course?
3 Days for the classroom course.
How much does the IOSH Managing Safely® course cost?
£400 + vat
What funding is available for the course?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the IOSH Managing Safely® course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.
|Andover: 14 Jul||£300|
|Andover: 4 Aug||£300|
|Andover: 08 Sep||£300|
|Andover: 01 Dec||£360|
The price of the qualification includes:
- Exam fees
- Course materials
There are no entry requirements for this IOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the IOSH Course syllabus.
It is the equivalent to a level 2 qualification.
Other than classroom, the course is available in the following learning methods:
IOSH Managing Safely In-House Training
We are happy to travel to anywhere in the UK or worldwide for Inhouse training. Please call us on 01264 874466 to discuss these course options further.
This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly Professional Development.
Andover: 14 - 16 July 2021
Andover: 04 - 06 August 2021
Andover: 08 - 10 September 2021
Andover: 01 - 03 December 2021
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.