Course price:£395 plus vat
Event location:Unit 3d, The Enterprise Centre, Ludgershall, Andover, Hampshire SP11 9FA
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
IOSH Managing SafelyManagers have a moral and legal duty to develop a strong health and safety culture in the workplace. This course is a practical programme, delivered by experienced tutors, integrating a sharp business focus into the ethos of safety. The hands-on, jargon-free format engages and inspires, and has helped a huge range of businesses to raise their standards of safety and health.
Who Should AttendIOSH Managing Safely is a course for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation. It's designed to give managers all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their teams.
What will delegates get from the courseWhat they need to know - and are perhaps reluctant to learn about - in a refreshingly informal way. The knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they're responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
What will delegates' employer get from the courseA nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their managers and supervisors. Piece of mind offered by training that's designed and quality controlled, a program that can be delivered on-site at a time that suits them and often at a lower price.
IOSH CoursesDelegates will be given an insight into health and safety practices, learning about their legal responsibilities to themselves, their employer, and others, according to current legislation.
- Introducing Managing Safely - Some managers may see health and safety as an add-on to their role, even an intrusion. The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams.
- Assessing Risks - This module defines and demystifies 'risk' and 'risk assessment'. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and delegates carry out a series of assessments.
- Controlling Risks - Here the session tackles cutting risks down, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks, and how to choose the right method.
- Understanding Your Responsibilities - The demands of the law and how the legal system works and introduces a health and system management system.
- Identifying Hazards - All the main issues any operation has to deal with are covered in this module - entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise, housekeeping, and the working environment.
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents - The session starts with why accidents should be investigated and goes on to cover why things go wrong, and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
- Measuring Performance - This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
Price & BookingThe cost of the course is £395 per delegate and includes a manual and certification.
21 - 23 September 2020
14 - 16 October 2020
09 - 11 November 2020
30 November - 02 December 2020
Book a Course
|IOSH MS - 21 Sep||£395|
|IOSH MS - 14 Oct||£395|
|IOSH MS - 09 Nov||£395|
|IOSH MS - 30 Nov||£395|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.