Course price:£504 (including VAT)
Event location:Andover - SP11 9FA
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
IOSH SHE for Construction Managers | Classroom
The IOSH SHE for Construction Managers Course provides a step-by-step guide to understanding and managing the risks within construction. Keeping your business healthy and safe with an effective training programme will enable you to reduce the cost of accidents and illness by up to 40 per cent.
The Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers course will meet the needs of your business within a timescale to suit you.
Who is the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course for?
Anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction site activities.
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
What will delegates get from the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course?
- Assess and control risks on site to both workers and the public
- Understand relevant health, safety & environmental legislation / codes of practice / information and guidance on compliance
- Understand list of duties and responsibilities of Employees, Clients, Designers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Have an understanding of Risk Assessment and Control, Active Monitoring and Re-Active Monitoring
- Be able to select workplace precautions, relative to the hazards and record results of risk assessments and carry out reviews
- Reporting accidents and incidents and distinguish between accidents, incidents and near misses and statutory requirement for reporting and recording
- Have an understanding of legal duties and management responsibility
What benefits will employers get from the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course?
- Reduced accident levels, absence and sick leave
- Fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents, resulting in greater productivity and efficiency
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity
- Globally-recognised and respected certificated training for their managers and supervisors
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-assured by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals
- A course that can be delivered in time-slots that suit the business
- Improved, company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Proactive staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all IOSH courses.
IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course content
The course is made up of the following modules:
- Relevant regulations & legislation
- Site preparation
- Management of the site, workers and contractors including for example:
– the importance of method statements
– the use of permits to work.
- The importance of managing environmental aspects and impacts related to construction projects
- Roles and responsibilities under the Construction Regs.
- The key issues surrounding control of hazards on site
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
See the full IOSH Construction Managers fact sheet.
How is the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course assessed?
To complete the course successfully, learners will be required to sit, and pass, an assessment paper consisting of 25 multi-format questions with a pass mark of 21 out of 25.
Completion of a Risk Assessment Project
The training course includes the IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers Project that needs to be completed in your workplace and then returned to the training providers within 10 Days.
Students need to achieve at least 23 points from a possible 38 points to pass the project.
How long does it take to complete the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course?
4 Days for the classroom course
How much does the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course cost?
£504 (including VAT).
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the course?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this IOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the IOSH Course syllabus.
How do I book the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.
The price of the qualification includes exam fees, course materials, and refreshments.
Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – IOSH
This course is the equivalent level of the CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course.
The course is available in the following learning methods other than classroom:
- IOSH SHE for Construction Manager In-House Training
Please call us on 01264 874466 to discuss theses course options further.
This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly Professional Development.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.