Course price:£270 plus vat
Level 3 Education and Training
Course OverviewIf you want to work within the teaching or training professions or are considering a move to this arena but require the formal initial training necessary to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector, then this Level 3 Award in Education and Training is for you. This introductory qualification prepares you to teach within a wide range of contexts and provides you with the essential skills on which to build a successful teaching or training career. The course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and Templates.
- Recommended textbook (via Kindle): The Award in Education and Training by Ann Gravells.
- Step-by-step tutorial videos and guidance.
- 24/7 Access to the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer support with live Question & Answer Sessions with our Tutors.
DescriptionThis course is delivered online and you can access to the course 24/7. The course covers the following units:
- Module 01: Unit 1 – Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Module 02: Unit 2 – Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
- Module 03: Unit 5 – Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
The award is designed to develop the students ability to:
- Identify students’ needs, backgrounds and aspirations
- Define basic principles of teaching and learning in relation to teaching/training
- Demonstrate in their planning, delivery and evaluation a regard for equal opportunities and health and safety legislation
- Develop their skills in devising programmes and schemes of work
- Adopt a systematic approach to planning learning sessions by reference to a variety of methods, and to develop innovation in their teaching/training
- Design, make and use a range of teaching and learning materials, using their own creative and information technology skills
- Develop their key skills
- Apply communication skills in teaching and training
- Design and apply appropriate means of assessing their own learners
Method of Assessment:Learners must complete:
- Three written assignments
- One micro-teaching session (which can be submitted as a recorded video)
Who is this Award in Education and Training course for?This Level 3 Award in Education and Training is suitable for those looking for an introduction to teaching or are already in education and looking to gain formal recognition of their skills. So, whether or not you possess little or no teaching experience and may just have a desire to impart knowledge to others, this course suits you since no prior qualifications or experience are necessary.
The qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- Are not yet in a teaching role
- Are in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role
- Have the potential to study at this level which has the same level of demand as that of A-levels studies
- Want a short qualification
- Want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement
- May have already achieved some learning and development units that can be brought forward into this teaching qualification (known as RQF equivalents)
Total Qualification TimeThis is an estimate of the total length of time it is expected that a learner will typically take to achieve and demonstrate the level of attainment necessary for the award of the qualification i.e. to achieve all learning outcomes. Total Qualification Time is comprised of GLH and an estimate of the number of hours a learner is likely to spend in preparation, study or any other learning including assessment, which takes place as directed by, but not under the supervision of a lecturer, supervisor or tutor. The credit value, where given, for a qualification is determined by TQT, as one credit corresponds to 10 hours of learning. Total Qualification Time for this qualification is 120 hours.
Guided Learning HoursThese hours are made up of all real-time contact time, guidance or supervision of a learner by a lecturer, supervisor, tutor, trainer or other appropriate provider of education or training. GLH for this qualification is 48.
RequirementsRequired Documents: You will be asked to submit a copy of identification documents such as a passport or driving license.
Career pathSuitable for anybody wishing to take the first steps towards a career in teaching or tutoring in the adult sector. This might be in the community or corporate training roles. This qualification recognises you as a qualified trainer/teacher and leads you to gain a high salary and income as an employee or freelance trainer/teacher.
12 Month Licence
Book a Course
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.