Course price:£1,980 (including VAT)
Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
The NVQ Diploma Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is a vocational health and safety qualification, that does not require classroom attendance.
As this is a level 6 qualification, a level of existing formal health and safety knowledge is strongly recommended. Ideally, you will already have passed a Level 3 health and safety qualification such as a NEBOSH General Certificate.
This health and safety NVQ ensures that each candidate is able to plan, detail and implement health and safety policies for each level of the business, taking into account industry-specific legislation.
The course includes the following mandatory units:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Implementing and developing effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Identifying, assessing and controlling health and safety risks
- Implementing and developing reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementing health and safety review systems
- Implementing and developing the health and safety policy
- Maintaining and developing individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Developing and implementing proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Implementing and developing health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Maintaining knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety procedure
Who is it for?
Learners who are currently in a health and safety role but want a better understanding or a new approach should complete this course.
The practical aspect of the qualification means the course should be completed by anyone who is in a voluntary or paid role in the sectors such as:
- Oil and gas
- Corporate business
What will delegates get from the Health and safety NVQ course?
- No pressure from completing formal examinations
- Work based learning
- Designed to be taken at a pace that suits your needs
- Save on traditional course cost as the qualification is work based, so no travel or accommodation costs
- You cannot fail an NVQ, you are either competent or not yet competent.
Benefits of holding the NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Health and Safety course include:
- Boost your career prospects; NVQ’s are valued by many employers
- Accepted by IOSH for Graduate Membership (GradIOSH) leading to CMIOSH
- Entitled to Membership of the IIRSM (MIIRSM)
- Gain a formal Health & Safety qualification with no exams
- Recognised at the same level as the NEBOSH Diploma
What benefits will employers get from the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Health and Safety course?
- A much safer working environment
- Those with health and safety responsibilities will be better qualified
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use thier Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on this NVQ course.
Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Syllabus
You are assessed by a range of methods such as evidence that is generated from the workplace, professional discussions, witness testimonials, observations and written questions. Assessors carry out assessment calls via ZOOM throughout the process.
To achieve this full Level 6 NVQ health and safety qualification, you must demonstrate your competency, knowledge and understanding by completing the ten mandatory units.
Download the syllabus here.
How is the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety course assessed?
This qualification is competence-based. Candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
Learners will have to provide evidence that will then be signed off and approved by an assessor. Once learners have fulfilled all of the requirements set by ProQual, one of our internal verifiers will assess the work and sign it off as complete.
Delegates will then be awarded the qualification.
Candidates need to have completed all elements of the qualification to gain the full qualification.
How long does it take to complete the Health and Safety diploma level 6 course?
- 12 – 18 months
As this qualification revolves around you, the time it takes to complete the units and achieve it depends primarily upon you.
The work will take approximately 1,064 hours and, on average, it usually takes delegates between 12 and 18 months to achieve the NVQ Diploma Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.
Where can I study the NVQ Level 6 in Health and Safety?
We understand that balancing life and work can be difficult, which is why we offer this ProQual qualification as an alternative to the NEBOSH National Diploma.
As the qualification is work based, the NVQ Level 6 Diploma can be undertaken anywhere in the UK or Worldwide.
Inductions will be arranged by your appointed assessor, either face to face, via telephone (depending on your location).
What learning methods are available?
The Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is completed as a distance learning course.
Please call us on 01264 874466 to discuss the course further.
What are the entry requirements?
Its recommended that delegates, who want to complete the NVQ course are currently working within a health and safety role to help with getting the required evidence to support your qualification.
There are no entry requirements for the certificate, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
Pro Qual recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How much does the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety cost?
£1,980 (including VAT).
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000. We also offer course bundles.
To find out more about elcas funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or email email@example.com.
|NVQ L6 H & S||£1,980|
It is a Level 6 qualification which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
The qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly Professional Development.
Students often go on to study a Safety, Health and Environmental Management MSc or equivalent.
12 - 18 Months
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.