Course price:£250 plus vat
Event location:Unit 3d, The Enterprise Centre, Ludgershall, Andover, Hampshire, SP11 9FA
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
Who Should Attend?This course is ideal for anyone in the workplace, as well as individuals who wish to have a better understanding of mental health issues, and how to help.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgmental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs, and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- Mental Health First Aid Certification of attendance from Mental Health England
- The MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Personal workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
Cost & BookingThe cost of this course is £250 plus vat per delegate and includes a manual and certification. If you would like this course run at your venue for a group of 8 delegates or more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your requirements and we will make it happen.
For all other bookings please contact us here.
Book a Course
No course dates currently.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is Keeping you and your business safe by improving health and safety knowledge through training.