Course price:£175 plus vat
Event location:Southampton - SO45 6HE
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
The manager’s role is to lead, mentor and support an employee to proactively engage in their employment, contributing to the growth of an organisation and working in a way that supports the individual’s own growth as well as the organisation’s objectives and values.
The management role involves supporting employees who may be showing signs of mental ill health in the workplace and this qualification provides an understanding of the basic principles relating to supporting mental health in the workplace and promoting a positive, ‘wellness at work’ culture.
The Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers qualification is divided into two units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing
- Unit 2: Mental health in the workplace for managers
Who is it for?
This qualification can be taken by learners preparing to enter employment or by those who are already in employment.
No previous knowledge or experience is required to attend this course.
What will delegates get from this Mental Health in the Workplace course?
A thorough understanding of mental health and mental illness:
- How to provide advice and support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions
- The first aid for the mental health action plan and how to utilise it
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health
- How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
You will have a better understanding of a range of mental health conditions and the support that can be provided by healthcare professionals.
Benefits of holding the FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) include:
- Being able to recognise mental ill health in others
- Being able to support mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understanding how to engage in mental health conversations in the workplace
- How to support employees in relation to their mental health and ways to manage own wellbeing
What benefits will employers get from the Mental Health in the Workplace Course?
When your employees achieve this Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace qualification, they will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained and understanding from this Level 3 qualification.
To see the full list of benefits of Mental Health training to businesses, see our FAA-QS-L3-Mental-Health Course Syllabus
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on our Mental Health courses.
What is Mental Health Course Syllabus
The learning outcomes below describe the skills and knowledge a learner will gain by successfully completing the qualification. The assessment criteria state the skills, knowledge and competence a learner will be required to demonstrate during the course assessment.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a suspected mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers
Download the Level 3 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers syllabus.
How is the FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health assessed?
This qualification is assessed by 2 multiple-choice examinations, which are externally set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
Assessment is also ongoing by the instructor each day, along with the written assessments above.
How long does it take to complete this Mental Health in the Workplace course?
This course runs over 2 days.
Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but we have the flexibility to accommodate your specific needs if you require.
How much does the Level 3 Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace cost?
The cost of this course is £175 plus vat per delegate and includes a manual and certification.
- This cost includes the tuition, examination and certification of the course.
**Important information for students using ELC funding**
As per JSP 822, ELC funding received for ELCAS approved courses will only include the following tuition, examination and certification fees and VAT in the course cost as per ELCAS and MOD regulations.
As per JSP 822, Service Personnel/Service Leavers are personally responsible for the funding of their own course study book, we will arrange this for you @£12 per course booked.
What funding is available?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for the certificate, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
How do I book the Mental Health in the Workplace classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Andover: 05 Jun||£175|
|Andover: 07 Aug||£175|
|Andover: 02 Oct||£175|
|Andover: 06 Dec||£175|
The Level 3 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers is accredited with Highfield Qualifications.
Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers – In-House Training.
Please call us to arrange this on +44 (0)1264 874466.
Kyle James Sinclair, Supervising First Aid for Mental Health delegate
"Mental Health in the workplace - Course provided is very informative and a big eye opener. It definitely provides skills to take back to the workplace and also to personal lives and has changed the way I think of Mental health. Would highly recommend"
Tom Whopples, Supervising First Aid for Mental Health delegate
"I did a Mental Health first aid at work course and I found it very informative and interesting. I plan on attending more courses with this company."
Andover: 05 - 06 June 2023
Andover: 07 - 08 August 2023
Andover: 02 - 03 October 2023
Andover: 06 - 07 December 2023
Our Core Values
Click on the image below and read our core values that are the key foundations to providing a fantastic service to you.
To be your trusted partner for all your health and safety requirements no matter what industry you are in.