Course price:£875 + vat
Event location:Southampton - SO45 6HE
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
NEBOSH Environmental Certificate | Classroom
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management focuses on assessing environmental management systems. The syllabus includes UK, EU, and international references. The qualification is designed to benefit organisations by increasing resource efficiency, understanding company impacts on the environment, and improving understanding of the legislation to avoid potentially costly fines and penalties. This course can assist organisations in the development of recognised environmental management systems, which can improve competitiveness in a tendering process.
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is divided into two units:
- Unit EC 1 – Management and Control of Environmental Hazards
- Unit EC 2 – Environmental Practical Application
Who is the course for?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is designed for managers, supervisors, and employees who have responsibility for managing environmental issues as part of their work in the UK and/or internationally, focusing on assessing environmental management systems.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate course?
- Knowledge – Environmental management, legislation, and standards can seem daunting. This qualification will give you the kind of specialist knowledge you can apply straight away, wherever you work.
- Relevance – You’ll enjoy taking the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management. You’ll discover skills and techniques that are useful and practical, and your confidence will grow.
- Career development – Gaining specialist knowledge of environmental management will give you an extra set of skills that could help bring success and advancement to your career.
Benefits of holding the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate course include:
- The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is accepted by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) as meeting the requirements for Technician Membership (TechCIWEM).
Download the course fact sheet here.
What benefits will employers get from the course?
When your employees achieve the NEBOSH Environmental Course, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH Environmental course.
- They will have the knowledge, understanding, and skills to help implement the Environmental policy and procedures to help protect the workforce.
- They will also be able to help make sure your business complies with the law and maintain good health and safety practices and preventing huge costs from incidents and ill-health.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on our NEBOSH courses.
NEBOSH Environmental Certificate Syllabus
The qualification is divided into two units, each of which is assessed separately:
Unit EC1 – Management and Control of Environmental Hazards
- Element 1: Foundations in Environmental Management
- Element 2: Environmental Management Systems
- Element 3: Environmental Impact Assessments
- Element 4: Control of Emissions to Air
- Element 5: Control of Contamination of Water Sources
- Element 6: Control of Waste and Land Use
- Element 7: Sources and Use of Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Element 8: Control of Environmental Noise
- Element 9: Planning for and Dealing with Environmental Emergencies
Unit EC2 – Environmental Practical Application
Download the course syllabus here.
How is the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate course assessed?
- Unit EC1 is a taught unit assessed by a two-hour written examination on the last day of the course. The examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions which are 8 marks each and one ‘long-answer’ question which offers 20 marks. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
- Unit EC2 is assessed by an environmental review carried out in the delegate’s workplace.
The written practical has to be submitted to Southwest Health and Safety Training within 10 working days after of the EC1 exam. The assignment is then internally assessed and externally moderated by NEBOSH.
It is the delegate’s responsibility to submit their written assessment within the timescale. Any assessments not returned by the deadline will result in the delegate failing this section of the course.
Candidates need to have completed both parts of the qualification within five years of registration to gain the full qualification.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate course?
5 Days classroom based training
How much does the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate cost?
£875 + vat for the classroom course.
**Important information for students using ELC funding**
ELC funding received for ELCAS approved courses is inclusive of the following tuition, examination and certification fees, course materials and VAT in the course cost as per ELCAS and MOD regulations.
Why not save some money and bundle courses together – please check out our bundle deals here.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
Travel and Accommodation Information
Southwest Health and Safety can arrange 9 nights accommodation at our partner hotel The Foundation Court. The accommodation is room only, at a basic 2-star hotel located nearby.
Free parking is available at the hotel.
The hotel is within walking distance of the training centre and also Hythe town centre.
Costs per room, per night;
Single Room £35
Shared Room £25
All accommodation bookings are subject to availability
(Accommodation only available at our Southampton Venue)
What funding is available?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000.
To find out more about elcas funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How do I book the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training and assessment fees
- NEBOSH approved textbook
- Comprehensive tutor support from an experienced Health & Safety professional throughout your course
- NEBOSH registration fees
NEBOSH is approved by SQA
The qualification is a Level 3.
This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly Professional Development.
The NEBOSH Environmental course is available in the other following learning methods:
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate – In-House Training
Please call us on 01264 874466 to enquire about in-house training.
5 Days, plus 1 day for the OBE
Southampton: 31 Jul - 04 Aug 2023
Southampton: 30 Oct - 03 Nov 2023
Our Core Values
Click on the image below and read our core values that are the key foundations to providing a fantastic service to you.
To be your trusted partner for all your health and safety requirements no matter what industry you are in.