Course price:£1,440 (including VAT)
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
NEBOSH Construction Certificate classroom
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety has long been established as the leading health and safety qualification for the construction industry. This course is suitable for supervisors and managers within the construction industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to carry out their health and safety duties more effectively.
Many people take the NEBOSH Construction Certificate as the first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional development.
The qualification is divided into 2 units:
- NCC1 – Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- NCC2 – Health and safety practical application
If you require to complete the NG 1 Element to gain the full National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety please check out the link NEBOSH classroom course page for course dates and further information.
Who is the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course for?
The qualification is aimed at those who are working in construction, civil engineering, utilities, property management, broadcasting and other sectors. It is suitable for managers, supervisors and CDM Coordinators and anyone who is looking to gain a career in the construction industry.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course?
- The key legal requirements for managing health and safety at work including Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- The importance of and key elements of health and safety management systems
- The particular duties under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 of clients, designers, principal designer, principal contractors and contractors
- Principles and practice of risk assessment
- The identification of construction workplace hazards such as those associated with excavation, work at height, demolition and workplace transport safety
- Methods for controlling identified workplace hazards within the construction industry
What benefits will employers get from the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course?
When your employees achieve the Construction Certificate, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH course.
- A safer workplace – The Construction Certificate is about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life for those in the construction industry. For employers this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Assurance – An employer whose workers are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to protecting their workforce.
- NEBOSH is highly regarded in the construction industry. NEBOSH qualifications are what employers seek when it comes to health and safety.
- The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is supported by the construction industry Sector Skills Council (SSC) Construction Skills.
The qualification can help employers achieve international standards and can even help win new business.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466 .
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use thier Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on our NEBOSH courses.
NEBOSH Construction Certificate Syllabus
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is divided into two units, each of which is assessed separately:
Unit NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Element 1: Construction law and management
- Element 2: Construction Site hazards and controls
- Element 3: Movement of People and Vehicles
- Element 4: Manual and Mechanical Handling
- Element 5: Work Equipment – Hazards and Controls
- Element 6: Electrical Hazards and Controls
- Element 7: Fire Hazards and Controls
- Element 8: Chemical and Biological Health Hazards
- Element 9: Physical and Psychological – Health Hazards
- Element 10: Working at Heights – Hazards and Control
- Element 11: Excavation Work and Confined Spaces – Hazards and Control
- Element 12: Demolition Work – Hazards and Control
Unit NCC2 – Construction Health and Safety Practical Application
For this unit candidates are required to:
- Carry out an unaided inspection of a construction site, identifying the more common hazards and then deciding whether they are adequately controlled.
- Prepare a report to persuade management on remedial measures that need to be taken.
Download the NEBOSH Construction Certificate syllabus.
How is the course assessed?
- Unit NCC1 is a taught unit assessed by a two-hour written examination on the last day of the course. The examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions which are 8 marks each and one ‘long-answer’ question which offers 20 marks. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
- Unit NCC2 is assessed by a Risk Assessment carried out in a construction environment.
The written practical has to be submitted to Southwest Health and Safety Training within 10 working days after of the NCC1 exam.
The assignment is then internally assessed and externally moderated by NEBOSH.
It is the delegate’s responsibility to submit their written assessment within the timescale. Any assessments not returned by the deadline will result in the delegate failing this section of the course.
Candidates need to have completed both parts of the qualification within five years of registration to gain the full qualification.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course?
10 Days classroom based training
How much does the NEBOSH Construction Certificate cost?
£1,440 (including VAT) for the classroom course.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the NEBOSH Construction Certificate?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000.
To find out more about elcas funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
There is no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How do I book the NEBOSH Construction Certificate classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.
|Andover: 01 Mar||£1,440|
|Andover: 04 May||£1,440|
|Andover: 18 Oct||£1,440|
Delegates booking this course will have the following included as standard:
- Training and assessment fees
- NEBOSH approved textbook
- Comprehensive tutor support from an experienced Health & Safety professional throughout your course
- NEBOSH registration fees
NEBOSH is approved by SQA
The National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is a Level 3 within the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
Other than classroom, the course is available in the following learning methods:
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate – Distance Learning (Workbook, Tutor support Only)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate – Online
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate – In-House Training
Please call us on 01264 874466 to discuss these course options further.
This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly professional development.
Andover: 01 - 11 March 2021
Andover: 04 - 14 May 2021
Andover: 18 - 28 October 2021
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.