Course price:£1200 plus vat
Event location:Suite 10 Minton House, Amesbury Distribution Park, London Road, Amesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SP4 7RT
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
NEBOSH Construction CertificateThe NEBOSH National Construction Certificate Health and Safety has long been established as the leading health and safety qualification for the construction industry. This course is suitable for supervisors and managers within the construction industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to carry out their health and safety duties more effectively. Many people take the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety as the first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional development.
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is divided into two units, each of which are assessed separately:
- NCC1 - Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- NCC2 - Health and safety practical application
Who Should AttendThis course is suitable for supervisors and managers within the construction industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to carry out their health and safety duties more eﬀectively. The standard of English required by delegates studying this qualiﬁcation must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
What will delegates get from the courseThe NEBOSH Construction Course looks at everyday solutions for construction health and safety issues. When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- Advise on duties under the main pieces of UK health and safety legislation;
- Help your organisation to manage contractors;
- Work within a health and safety management system;
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- Carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace;
- Recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
- Develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- Take part in incident investigations and help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing, and review.
NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Element 1 – Construction Law And Management
- Element 2 – Construction Site – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 3 – Vehicle & Plant Movement – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 4 – Musculoskeletal Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 5 – Work Equipment – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 6 – Electrical Safety
- Element 7 – Fire Safety
- Element 8 – Chemical & Biological Health Hazards And Risk Control
- Element 9 – Physical & Psychological Health – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 10 – Working At Height – Hazards And Risk Control
- Element 11 – Excavation Work & Confined Spaces – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 12 – Demolition & Deconstruction – Hazards & Risk Control
NCC2 - Health and safety practical application
AssessmentUnits NGC1 and NCC 1 of the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate are each assessed by a two-hour written examination. Unit NCC2 is assessed by a practical assessment carried out at a Construction Site.
We offer our NEBOSH courses in 2 different ways:
- Online course
- Classroom-based course
Please use this section to download guidance and useful information in support of the NEBOSH NCC qualification.
NCC: 28 Sept – 09 Oct 2020
Book a Course
|NEBOSH NCC - 28 Sep||£1,200|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.