Course price:£420 (including VAT)
NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety Online
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course is a popular qualification enabling you to broaden your knowledge and skills of fire safety. It will assist you in carrying out fire risk assessments and being able to identify the range of measures to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace; this will help to raise the standards of fire risk management in your workplace. It provides you with the foundation to carry out fire risk assessments and embed good practice within the workplace.
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is divided into 2 units:
- FSC1 – Fire Safety
- FSC2 – Fire Risk Assessment
Why choose the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course?
Our e-learning is designed with the user in mind:
- Flexible – One of the best things about learning online is the ability to pick up and drop your learning to suit your needs, with our easy to use online platform you can simply click resume and you’re right where you left off. Our E-learning can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Informative – Our E-Learning is split into 11 separate modules, created by tutors who have been delivering NEBOSH classroom courses for over 28 years.
- Cost-effective – All of the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course content without the added cost of a classroom.
What’s included with our NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online Course
- Course materials created by a Bronze Standard NEBOSH course provider.
- 6 Elements of content providing up-to-date coverage of the NEBOSH Fire syllabus.
- 12 months access to the course materials.
- Email-based tutor support to answer your questions.
- Mock assessments when you’re ready to take your exam(s).
Who is the NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate Online course for?
This qualification is for managers and supervisory staff who are responsible for their organisation meeting its responsibilities under fire safety legislation and also if you are keen to develop your knowledge and skillset to include fire risk management. Holders of this accredited qualification help their organisation to ensure it meets its fire safety responsibilities. It leads to a safer environment for employees and visitors to premises and an improved fire safety culture for employers and building managers.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course?
- You will have an understanding of the legal framework relating to fire and health and safety
- Understand the purpose and procedures of how to investigate fires in the workplace
- Outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedures in the workplace
- How to complete a fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
Benefits of holding the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course include:
- Knowledge to do/act as a fire risk assessor
- Recognition from the HSE and NEBOSH to make the workplace fire safe
- Career development – Holding the NEBOSH fire qualification designed and assessed by NEBOSH can help you stand out
What benefits will employers get from the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course?
When your employees achieve the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH Fire Certificate.
- A safer workplace – The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is all about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life from fire. For employers this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Assurance – An employer whose workers are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to protecting their workforce.
The NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate can help employers achieve international standards and can even help win new business.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use thier Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on our NEBOSH courses.
NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course content
The qualification is a two unit qualification and is broken down into six elements:
Unit FSC1 – Fire Safety
- Element 1: Managing fire safety
- Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
- Element 3: Fuel, Oxygen, and Ignition Sources and Control Measures
- Element 4: Fire protection in buildings
- Element 5: Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Element 6: Fire safety Risk Assessment
Unit FC2- Fire Risk Assessment
Download the NEBOSH Fire Certificate syllabus.
How is the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course assessed?
- Unit FSC1 is a taught unit assessed by a two-hour written examination on the last day of the course. The examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions which are 8 marks each and one ‘long-answer’ question which offers 20 marks. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
- Unit FSC2 is assessed by a Fire Risk Assessment carried out in the delegate’s workplace.
The written practical has to be submitted to Southwest Health and Safety Training within 10 working days after of the FSC Open Book Examination (OBE).
The assignment is then externally assessed and moderated by NEBOSH.
It is the delegate’s responsibility to submit their written assessment within the timescale. Any assessments not returned by the deadline will result in the delegate failing this section of the course.
Candidates need to have completed both parts of the qualification within five years of registration to gain the full qualification.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course?
Delegates will be given 12 Months access to our online portal and 12 months tutor support.
What learning methods are available other than Online for the NEBOSH Fire Certificate?
Other than online, the National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management course is available in:
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate – Distance Learning (Workbook, Tutor support Only)
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate – Classroom
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate – In-House Training
Please call us on 01264 874466 to discuss these options further.
How much does the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course cost?
£420 (including VAT).
The price of the qualification does not include exam fees.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000.
To find out more about elcas funded courses – go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements for the NEBOSH Fire Certificate?
There are no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How to start your NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course
Please click on the button below to enroll on the NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or email email@example.com.
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate Online is a Level 3 within the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly professional development.
Yes you can. Please call us on +44 (0)1264 874466 to register for a free trial of this course.
NEBOSH is approved by SQA
12 Month Licence
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.