Course price:£650 plus vat
NEBOSH General Certificate OnlineThe NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides delegates with an excellent grounding in health and safety legislation, hazard recognition, practical risk control, and good risk management practices. A high number of people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate each year whether it's as the first step for a career in health and safety or just looking to build knowledge in health and safety for their workplace or business. It is the most recognised and trusted health and safety qualification within the United Kingdom and further afield. The qualification is divided into two units:
- Unit NG 1 - Management of Health and Safety
- Unit NG 2 - Risk Assessment
Why choose the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course?Our e-learning is designed with the user in mind:
- Flexible - One of the best things about learning online is the ability to pick up and drop your learning to suit your needs, with our easy to use online platform you can simply click resume and you’re right where you left off. Our E-learning can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Informative - Our E-Learning is split into 11 separate modules, created by tutors who have been delivering NEBOSH classroom courses for over 28 years.
- Cost-effective - All of the NEBOSH General Certificate course content without the added cost of a classroom.
What’s included with our NEBOSH General Certificate Online course
- Course materials created by a Bronze Standard NEBOSH course provider.
- 11 Elements of content providing up-to-date coverage of the NEBOSH syllabus.
- 12 months access to the course materials.
- Email-based tutor support to answer your questions.
- Mock assessments when you’re ready to take your exam(s).
What is the qualification level of the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course?The NEBOSH National General Certificate is a Level 3 qualification.
Who is the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course for?This qualification offers a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors, and staff where health and safety are part of their day to day responsibilities. No previous health and safety knowledge or experience is required to register for this course.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course?The NEBOSH General Certificate Online Course will look at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues. When you pass this qualification, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to be able to conduct the following:
- Advise on duties under main pieces of UK health and safety legislation
- Support and develop your organisation’s health and safety culture
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements
- Work within a health and safety management system
- Identify common hazards
- Spot the key risks in your organisation
- Professionally carry out risk assessments
- Develop a detailed action plan and know how to action it
- Manage workplace risks
- Help to boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally.
- Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Become an Associate Member of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
- Entitled to Technician Membership of the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (TIFPO)
What our customers are saying
I recently attended the NEBOSH NGC course with Southwest Health and Safety. They have a friendly approach to teaching, using different methods to maintain enthusiasm and concentration throughout the course. Southwest Health and Safety is the correct choice should you require any training. The Results speak for themselves.
What benefits will employers get from the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course?When your employees achieve the NEBOSH General Certificate, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH course.
- They will have the knowledge, understanding, and skills to help implement the health and safety policy and procedures to help protect the workforce.
- They will also be able to help make sure your business complies with the law and maintain good health and safety practices and preventing huge costs from incidents and ill-health.
NEBOSH General Certificate Online course contentThe NEBOSH General Certificate is divided into two units NG1 and NG2 which are assessed separately:
Unit NG1 - This unit is broken down into four elements made up of the following:
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring performance
Unit NG2 - This unit is broken down into seven elements made up of the following:
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
How is the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course assessed?To achieve the qualification, candidates must pass an Open Book Assessment (NG1) and the practical assessment (NG2) carried out in the candidate's own workplace.
- Unit NG 1 is assessed by way of an Open Book Examination.
- 28 Oct 2020
- 02 Dec 2020
- Unit NG 2 is assessed by completing a Risk Assessment at your place of work within a ten-days of the Examination date.
AccreditationNEBOSH is approved by SQA
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course?When studying the NEBOSH General Certificate Online with us, we give you 12 Months Access and full tutor support. The OBE will take around 4 hours to complete but you will have access to the portal for 24 hours to enable you to complete the NEBOSH Open Book Examination.
What learning methods are available other than online for the NEBOSH General Certificate?Other than Online, the NEBOSH General course is available in the following learning methods:
- NEBOSH General Certificate - Distance Learning (Workbook, Tutor support Only)
- NEBOSH General Certificate - Classroom
- NEBOSH General Certificate - In-House Training
How much does the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course cost?£650 plus vat. The price of the qualification includes NEBOSH exam fees. Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course?
ELCAS Course FundingMembers of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000. To find out more about elcas funded courses - go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What entry requirements are there for the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course?There are no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How long is the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course valid for once complete?This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly Professional Development.
How to start your NEBOSH General Certificate Online coursePlease click on the button below to purchase and enroll on the NEBOSH General Certificate Online course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchase your course here
Resources for the NEBOSH General CertificateLearner Information
- NEBOSH General Certificate page
- NEBOSH General Certificate Syllabus Guide
- NEBOSH General Certificate factsheet
- NEBOSH Learner Terms and Conditions
12 Month Licence
Book a Course
|NEBOSH NGC | Online||£650|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.