Course price:£1200 plus vat
Event location:Suite 10 Minton House, Amesbury Distribution Park, London Road, Amesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SP4 7RT
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
NEBOSH General CertificateThis course provides delegates with an excellent grounding in health and safety legislation, hazard recognition, practical risk control, and good risk management practices. A high number of people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate each year whether it's as the first step for a career in health and safety or just looking to build knowledge in health and safety for their workplace or business. It is the most recognised and trusted health and safety qualification within the United Kingdom and further afield. The qualification is divided into two units:
- Unit NG 1 - Management of Health and Safety
- Unit NG 2 - Risk Assessment
Qualification levelThe NEBOSH National General Certificate is a Level 3 qualification.
Who should attend?This qualification offers a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors, and staff where health and safety are part of their day to day responsibilities. No previous health and safety knowledge or experience is required to register for this course.
What will delegates get from the course?The NEBOSH Course will look at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues. When you pass this qualification, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to be able to conduct the following:
- Advise on duties under main pieces of UK health and safety legislation
- Support and develop your organisation’s health and safety culture
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements
- Work within a health and safety management system
- Identify common hazards
- Spot the key risks in your organisation
- Professionally carry out risk assessments
- Develop a detailed action plan and know how to action it
- Manage workplace risks
- Help to boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally.
- Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Become an Associate Member of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
- Entitled to Technician Membership of the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (TIFPO)
What our customers are saying
I recently attended the NEBOSH NGC course with Southwest Health and Safety. They have a friendly approach to teaching, using different methods to maintain enthusiasm and concentration throughout the course. Southwest Health and Safety is the correct choice should you require any training. The Results speak for themselves.
What benefits will employers get from the course?When your employees achieve the National General Certificate, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH course.
- They will have the knowledge, understanding, and skills to help implement the health and safety policy and procedures to help protect the workforce.
- They will also be able to help make sure your business complies with the law and maintain good health and safety practices and preventing huge costs from incidents and ill-health.
Course contentThe NEBOSH Certificate is divided into two units NG1 and NG2 which are assessed separately:
Unit NG1 - This unit is broken down into four elements made up of the following:
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring performance
Unit NG2 - This unit is broken down into seven elements made up of the following:
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
AssessmentTo achieve the qualification, candidates must pass an Open Book Assessment (NG1) and the practical assessment (NG2) carried out in the candidate's own workplace.
- Unit NG 1 is assessed by way of an Open Book Examination
- Unit NG 2 is assessed by completing a Risk Assessment at your place of work
AccreditationNEBOSH is approved by SQA
The NEBOSH General course is available in the following learning methods.
- National General Certificate Distance Learning
- National General Certificate E-Learning
- National General Certificate In-House Training
Price£1200 plus vat The price of the qualification includes exam fees, course materials and refreshments. Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
ELCAS Course FundingMembers of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000. To find out more about elcas funded courses - click here to go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
Entry requirementsThere is no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Length of qualificationThis qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly Professional Development.
How to bookPlease click on the button below to book and enroll on the NEBOSH General Certificate learning course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your course here
- NEBOSH Student Welcome Pack Brochure
- NGC Fact Sheet
- NGC Learner Guide and Syllabus
- NGC Occupational HS Leaflet
- NEBOSH Learner Terms and Conditions
- Open Book Examination: Learner Guide
- Open Book Examination: Technical Learner Guide
- Open Book Examination: App Guide
- Example Examination Paper
NG 1: 14 Sep - 18 Sep 2020
NG 2: 21 Sep - 24 Sep 2020
NG 1: 26 Oct – 30 Oct 2020
NG 2: 02 Nov – 05 Nov 2020
NG 1: 07 Dec – 11 Dec 2020
NG 2: 14 Dec – 17 Dec 2020
Book a Course
|NEBOSH NGC - 03 Aug||£1,200|
|NEBOSH NGC - 14 Sep||£1,200|
|NEBOSH NGC - 26 Oct||£1,200|
|NEBOSH NGC - 07 Dec||£1,200|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.