Course price:£350 plus vat
NEBOSH International General Certificate - E-Learning
(This Option includes the Full Course - IG 1 and IG 2)
IntroductionThe NEBOSH IGC (International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety) was launched in 2006 and is recognised around the world. There are now over 84,000 people worldwide who have passed this qualification. The qualification looks at general workplace issues and can be applied in many sectors. On completion of the qualification, learners will be able to:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- Advise on the main duties for health and safety in the workplace;
- Help their organisation to manage contractors;
- Work within a health and safety management system;
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- Carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of their workplace;
- Recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
- Develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- Take part in incident investigations; and help their employer check the effectiveness of the health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
**PLEASE NOTE**This course does not include the Examination or Practical Submission costs, this will need to be booked separately. Please contact us and we will advise how best to do this.
Who is the qualification forThis qualification is designed for anyone (managers, supervisors, and workers) in any type of organisation. It’s ideal for anyone who needs a broad understanding of health and safety issues to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively. Many people take the International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) as a first step in a career in health and safety. It gives a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Why take the NEBOSH International CertificateBy taking the NEBOSH International Certificate you'll be able to:
- Understand health and safety regulations and make sure your company is compliant
- Effectively manage health and safety issues and minimise workplace risks
- Identify and control common workplace hazards and confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed health and safety action plan measure its performance
- Kick start a career in health and safety
Course contentIG 1
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
AssessmentUnit IG1: Management of health and safety - Question paper (one 20-mark question and ten 8-mark questions and a practical assessment) Unit IG2: Risk assessment (Practical assessment)
12 Month Licence
Book a Course
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.