Course price:£780 plus vat
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
NEBOSH Process Safety Course - ClassroomNEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive have developed a specialist qualification for people who need to understand and apply technical principles of process safety management as part of their role. The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management course provides delegates with the knowledge and understanding of process safety management to ensure they can contribute to the effective management of process safety risks on site. The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management will give your staff or individuals looking to work in the process industry an understanding of the principles and recognised industrial practices for the management of process risk and safety. By gaining this important knowledge means that they are able recognise a process safety hazard and assist in controlling and also minimise this risk within the workplace. The qualification is a one unit qualification:
- Unit PSM1 - Process safety management
What is the qualification level of the NEBOSH Process Safety course?The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is a Level 4 qualification.
Who is the NEBOSH Process Safety course for?The course is aimed at delegates who are looking to work or already in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals. Given the hazardous nature of these industries, this qualification has been designed to give process safety knowledge and understanding to managers, supervisors and safety professionals to allow them to manage their process safety responsibilities.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH Process Safety course?
- The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is designed to provide a sound breadth of knowledge that will allow you to contribute to the effective management of process safety risks.
- This qualification is the result of a unique collaboration which combines the advanced technical ‘high hazard’ expertise of the HSE with NEBOSH’s ability to deliver strong vocational OSH qualifications. HSE has led the way in risk-based regulation, underpinned by the fundamental principle of UK health and safety law – those who create risks are best placed to control them and should do so in a proportionate and practical way.
- Process Safety Management is of vital importance in hazardous process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals.
- Knowledge to do the job safely in the process industry
- Recognition from the HSE and NEBOSH to make the process industry safe
- Career development - Holding a qualification designed and assessed by NEBOSH and the HSE can help you stand out
What our customers are saying
I recently attended the NEBOSH NGC course with Southwest Health and Safety. They have a friendly approach to teaching, using different methods to maintain enthusiasm and concentration throughout the course. Southwest Health and Safety is the correct choice should you require any training. The results speak for themselves.
What benefits will employers get from the NEBOSH Process Safety course?When your employees achieve the Process Safety Qualification, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH course.
- A safer workplace – The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is all about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life. For employers this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Assurance – An employer whose workers are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to process safety management.
NEBOSH Process Safety syllabusThe qualification is a one unit qualification and is broken down into four elements:
- Element 1: Process safety leadership
- Element 2: Management of process risk
- Element 3: Process safety hazard control
- Element 4: Fire protection and emergency response
How is the NEBOSH Process Safety course assessed?The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is assessed by a 90 minute exam consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions. The pass standard for the unit/qualification is 60% (24 correct questions out of 40). You will receive your results within 15 working days of sitting the examination. Once you have achieved a pass a qualification parchment will be issued. This is normally within 20 working days of the confirmation of the successful unit.
AccreditationNEBOSH is approved by SQA
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Process Safety course?5 Days - classroom course
What learning methods are available for the NEBOSH Process Safety course?The NEBOSH HSE Process Safety course is available in the following learning methods:
- NEBOSH Process Safety In-House Training
- NEBOSH Process Safety Classroom Training
How much does the NEBOSH Process Safety course cost?£780 plus vat for the classroom course. The price of the qualification includes exam fees. Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the NEBOSH Process Safety course?
ELCAS Course FundingMembers of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000. To find out more about elcas funded courses - go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements for the NEBOSH Process Safety course?There is no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How long is the NEBOSH Process Safety Certificate valid for?This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly professional development.
How do I book the course?Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOOK YOUR COURSE HERE
Resources for the NEBOSH Process Safety courseLearner Information
Book a Course
No course dates currently.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.