Course price:£475 plus vat
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) | Classroom
The SMSTS Course covers all important areas such as health and safety law, your responsibilities and duties as a manager, how to develop safe systems of work, and risk assessment.
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme is a thoroughly interactive course that is taught to participants in the classroom, through group work, case studies, and also via group presentations. There is also the requirement for some self-study to be taken outside of the course.
Those taking the SMSTS course are required to attend all 5 days. Those that do not attend the 37.5 hours of the SMSTS course will have to take it again. At the end of the training, there is a multiple-choice test. The Site Management Safety Training Scheme needs to be taken again with the 5 year period through the SMSTS Refresher course option. If this is not done then the Site Management Safety Training Scheme will need to be taken again in full.
On successful completion of the SMSTS course, you will have developed the skills and knowledge you need to be able to safely manage a construction workforce.
Who is the CITB SMSTS course for?
This SMSTS course is for anyone who takes responsibility for overseeing construction staff, such as:
- Construction directors
- Construction site managers
- Site agents
- Project directors
- Quantity surveyors
What will delegates get from the Site Managers course course?
There are many general health and safety courses that are available, but there aren’t any that are tailored with site managers in mind. This means that in this course you will learn about the common problems and risks that site managers experience specifically. SMSTS course content is designed so that all of the elements you are going to need to address on-site have been covered.
By completing this course you will be able to boost your CV nand improve your job opportunities as many construction companies will ask for this as a standard entry-level requirement.
The course is only 5 days long there is an option to complete the course in the classroom or complete the SMSTS course online.
Benefits of holding the CITB SMSTS course include:
- you will be able to seek employment as a site manager by being SMSTS certified.
- It is a highly regard qualification within the construction industry.
What is the SMSTS course content
Our Site Management Safety Training Scheme covers a wide range of key areas, such as:
- CDM (Construction Design Management Regulations)
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and specific regulations related to the construction industry
- RIDDOR (Reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences)
- Proactive and reactive monitoring
- Managing safety in a range of operational environments e.g. scaffolding, working at height and control of hazardous substances
- Principles of manual handling, PPE and first aid
- How to develop and maintain a positive health and safety culture within the workplace
What benefits will employers get from the CITB course?
By the end of the SMSTS training course, you will be able to:
- State their responsibilities and duties when it comes to health, safety,
- Understand CDM 2015 Regulations
- Recognise and understand that their site is safe, economical and efficient.
- Be accountable for day to day site management and have an understanding of the responsibilities required for health, safety and welfare on site.
- Be Implement construction industry best practice with regards to site management
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all CITB courses.
What is the CITB Safety Managers Course Syllabus?
The SMSTS day release training course content includes:
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- CDM Regulations 2015
- Risk Assessments
- Method Statements
- Confined Spaces
- Site Set Up
How is the SMSTS course assessed?
Full attendance is mandatory. Assessments will take place throughout the course, and there will be some assignments to complete. You will be expected to actively interact with workshops, colleagues and your tutor throughout.
Accreditation and certification
The accrediting body is the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). On successfully completing the course, you will be awarded the CITB SMSTS Training certificate – valid for five years.
How long does it take to complete the SMSTS course?
This is a five day Site Management Safety Training course. It can be delivered over a week, on day release or at weekends.
How much does the SMSTS course cost?
The course is £475 plus vat for the classroom course.
What funding is available?
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this training course. Click here to find out more information
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
Pre-Requisites: The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English
How do I book the CITB Site Managers classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enrol on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Southampton: 07 Sep||£495|
|Southampton: 09 Nov||£395|
SMSTS Course FAQ's
The course is designed to be challenging and intensive course, SMSTS training and certification is essential for anyone who is acting as a site Manager and lots of individuals undertake the course and successfully pass each year around the UK.
Certificates are valid for 5 years
Our Core Values
Click on the image below and read our core values that are the key foundations to providing a fantastic service to you.
To be your trusted partner for all your health and safety requirements no matter what industry you are in.