Course price:£474 (including VAT)
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
The SMSTS Course course covers all important areas such as health and safety law, your responsibilities and duties as a manager, how to develop safe systems of work, and risk assessment.
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme is a thoroughly interactive course that is taught to participants in the classroom, through group work, case studies, and also via group presentations. There is also the requirement for some self-study to be taken outside of the course.
Those taking the SMSTS course are required to attend all 5 days. Those that do not attend the 37.5 hours of the SMSTS course will have to take it again. At the end of the training, there is a multiple-choice test. The Site Management Safety Training Scheme needs to be taken again with the 5 year period through the SMSTS Refresher course option. If this is not done then the Site Management Safety Training Scheme will need to be taken again in full.
On successful completion of the SMSTS course, you will have developed the skills and knowledge you need to be able to safely manage a construction workforce.
Who is SMSTS for?
This SMSTS course is for anyone who takes responsibility for overseeing construction staff, such as:
- Construction directors
- Construction site managers
- Site agents
- Project directors
- Quantity surveyors
SMSTS course content
Our Site Management Safety Training Scheme covers a wide range of key areas, such as:
- CDM (Construction Design Management Regulations)
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and specific regulations related to the construction industry
- RIDDOR (Reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences)
- Proactive and reactive monitoring
- Managing safety in a range of operational environments e.g. scaffolding, working at height and control of hazardous substances
- Principles of manual handling, PPE and first aid
- How to develop and maintain a positive health and safety culture within the workplace
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all CITB courses.
How is the SMSTS course assessed?
Full attendance is mandatory. Assessments will take place throughout the course, and there will be some assignments to complete. You will be expected to actively interact with workshops, colleagues and your tutor throughout.
Accreditation and certification
The accrediting body is the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). On successfully completing the course, you will be awarded the CITB SMSTS Training certificate – valid for five years.
How long does it take to complete the SMSTS course?
This is a five day Site Management Safety Training course. It can be delivered over a week, on day release or at weekends.
How much does the SMSTS course cost?
The course is £474 (including VAT) for the classroom course.
What funding is available?
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this training course.
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.