Course price:£350 plus vat
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
Temporary Works Co-ordinator CourseThe Temporary Works course was launched by the CITB in response to recent efforts to tighten procedural control on Temporary Works projects, whereby the construction industry issued a mandate that all Temporary Works Co-ordinators are to hold certification. The course gives emphasis throughout to the importance of communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency (the ‘4Cs’), risk management, safety and business relations. It will give confidence to senior management and those who engage with contractors, that they have reached an assessed standard of knowledge. Allowing the Temporary Works Co-ordinator (TWC) to:
- Understand the need for and duties of a Temporary Works Co-ordinator
- Understand the role of others
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of BS5975 in respect of this role
What to expect on the courseThe CITB-Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Temporary Works Co-ordinator training course covers the following: The statutory requirements for temporary works will be covered, including risk assessment, method statements and the code of best practice for temporary works structures on construction sites.
- Understanding the need for, and the duties of, a TWC
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of others
- Use and understanding of BS5975, the code of best practice for temporary structures on building sites
- Statutory aspects of temporary works
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Management of the temporary works process.
- Statutory aspects to Temporary Works
- Avoiding failure
- Role of the TWC
- Key aspects of different Temporary Works
- The importance of Communication,
- Co-ordination, Co-operation and Competency (the ‘4 Cs’)
- Safety and business-related risk management
Pre-RequisitesThe minimum requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. It is also recommended that delegates attending the course have background knowledge of temporary works.
About our trainingThere are no hidden extras to pay on top by completing health and safety training with Southwest, unlike other providers who charge extra for things like study books and exam fees. What you get with Southwest as standard:
- CITB Certificate Fees
- Refreshments Throughout The Day
- Free All-Day Car Parking
Assessment & Certification
Book a Course
No course dates currently.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.