Course price:£360 (including VAT)
Parking:Parking is available at the venue
CITB Temporary Works Coordinator Course
The CITB Temporary Works Coordinator course was launched by the CITB in response to recent efforts to tighten procedural control on Temporary Works projects, whereby the construction industry issued a mandate that all Temporary Works Coordinators are to hold the certification.
The course gives emphasis throughout to the importance of communication, co-ordination, co-operation, and competency (the ‘4Cs’), risk management, safety, and business relations.
It will give confidence to senior management and those who engage with contractors, that they have reached an assessed standard of knowledge.
The course will allow the Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC) to:
- Understand the need for and duties of a Temporary Works Coordinator
- Understand the role of others
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of BS5975 in respect to this role
Temporary Works Coordinator course content
The CITB-Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Temporary Works Coordinator training course covers the following:
The statutory requirements for temporary works will be covered, including risk assessment, method statements, and the code of best practice for temporary works structures on construction sites.
- Understanding the need for, and the duties of, a TWC
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of others
- Use and understanding of BS5975, the code of best practice for temporary structures on building sites
- Statutory aspects of temporary works
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Management of the temporary works process
- Statutory aspects to Temporary Works
- Avoiding failure
- Role of the TWC
- Key aspects of different Temporary Works
- The importance of Communication
- Coordination, Co-operation, and Competency (the ‘4 Cs’)
- Safety and business-related risk management
The course has the support of a number of organisations: Temporary Works Forum, CECA, Build UK (previously UKCG), HSE, and FMB.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
The minimum requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. It is also recommended that delegates attending the course have background knowledge of temporary works.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on our CITB courses.
How is the CITB Temporary Works Coordinator course assessed?
How long does it take to complete the course?
2 day classroom course.
How much does the course cost?
£360 (including VAT) for the classroom course.
What funding is available?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.