CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme | Classroom
The SSSTS course is a two-day site safety training course.
Designed for those who are about to take on, or already have, supervisory responsibilities, the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme is an ideal foundation for junior managers wanting to develop a basic understanding of their health and safety duties and responsibilities in construction work.
Who is the CITB SSSTS Course for?
This course is ideal for:
- Team leaders
- First line managers
SSSTS course content
The Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme course covers a wide range of key areas, such as:
- The occupational health problems within the construction industry, and how site supervisors can address them
- How health and safety law is structured
- How to properly carry out risk assessments, and understanding the need for method statements
- How to carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- The importance of both proactive and reactive monitoring
- How to intervene in a timely manner when bad practice is identified
With a CITB SSSTS qualification you’ll also gain a basic understanding of:
- Fire prevention & control
- Control of hazardous substances
- Construction design management regulations (CDM)
- Working at height
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Manual handling
- First aid
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all CITB courses.
How is the SSSTS course assessed?
You will be expected to interact during the course and the final assessment will consist of the CITB SSSTS Examination (25 multiple choice questions).
Accreditation and certification
The accrediting body is the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). On completing the course you will receive a certificate valid for five years.
How long does it take to complete the SSSTS course?
2 days in the classroom. Some of our Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme run during the week and some at the weekend.
How much does the SSSTS course cost?
£275 plus vat for the classroom course.
What funding is available?
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this SSSTS training course.
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the SSSTS course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.