Level 3 Paediatric First Aid | 2 Day
Paediatric First Aid Training
Learners will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation, such as a child or an infant who is unresponsive, has an airway obstruction, has breathing difficulties or is suffering from shock or anaphylaxis.
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. This qualification is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in the industry and it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The course consists of a two units:
- Unit 1 – Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Unit 2 – Managing paediatric illness, injuries and emergencies
Who is the Paediatric First Aid course for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children.
What will delegates get from the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course?
This course meets the criteria of the reviewed EYFS guideline (March 2017) and the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register. The PFA course focuses on emergency scenarios that may be faced by those looking after babies and young children.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Control of a scene (planning and dealing with emergencies)
- Provides a full understanding of your responsibilities for safety and health
- This course can be used as evidence for an NVQ in childcare and education
- Meets childcare registration requirements
Benefits of holding the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course include:
- This course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your qualifications to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
What benefits will employers get from the course?
- The course provides the skills and knowledge to needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations
- Training is in accordance with the Department of Education Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework
- Regulated by Ofqual
- The qualification is an accredited Paediatric First Aid course
- Enhanced reputation with customers and suppliers
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all courses.
What is the Paediatric First Aid course content?
The Purpose of both units is for the learner to attain knowledge and practical competencies required to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
The qualification has a total of 16 modules:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries.
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with an acute medical condition or sudden illness
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is experiencing extremes of body temperature
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who has sustained an electric shock
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with burns and scalds
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with suspected poisoning
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with anaphylaxis
How is the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course assessed?
Learners will be assessed in two ways:
Practical observation – The practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment requires learners to demonstrate practical first aid skills.
Multiple-choice theory assessment – Learners are required to answer a series of questions contained within theory question papers.
Candidates need to have completed all parts of the qualification to gain the full qualification.
How long does it take to complete the course?
2 Days in the classroom.
How much does the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course cost?
£120 (including VAT).
- This cost includes the tuition, examination and certification of the course.
**Important information for students using ELC funding**
ELC funding received for ELCAS approved courses only includes the following tuition, examination and certification fees, and VAT in the course cost as per ELCAS and MOD regulations.
This means that the Service Personnel/Service Leaver is personally responsible for the funding of course study materials i.e course workbook.
Any students using ELC funding will be sent a separate invoice to cover the cost of the study materials required for the course they are attending.
Why not save some money and bundle courses together – please check out our bundle deals here.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the course?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.