NEBOSH HSE Process Safety Course | Distance Learning
NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive have developed a specialist qualification for people who need to understand and apply technical principles of process safety management as part of their role. The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management provides delegates with the knowledge and understanding of process safety management to ensure they can contribute to the effective management of process safety risks on site.
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management will give your staff or individuals looking to work in the process industry an understanding of the principles and recognised industrial practices for the management of process risk and safety. By gaining this important knowledge means that they will be able to recognise a process safety hazard and assist in controlling and also minimising this risk within the workplace.
The qualification is a one unit qualification:
- Unit PSM1 – Process safety management
Who is the NEBOSH Process Safety Distance Learning course for?
The course is aimed at delegates who are looking to work or already work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals. Given the hazardous nature of these industries, this qualification has been designed to give process safety knowledge and understanding to managers, supervisors and safety professionals to allow them to manage their process safety responsibilities.
What will delegates get from the Distance Learning Process Safety course?
- The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is designed to provide a sound breadth of knowledge that will allow you to contribute to the effective management of process safety risks.
- This qualification is the result of a unique collaboration which combines the advanced technical ‘high hazard’ expertise of the HSE with NEBOSH’s ability to deliver strong vocational OSH qualifications. HSE has led the way in risk-based regulation, underpinned by the fundamental principle of UK health and safety law – those who create risks are best placed to control them and should do so in a proportionate and practical way.
- Process Safety Management is of vital importance in hazardous process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals.
Benefits of holding the NEBOSH Process Safety Certificate course include:
- Knowledge to do your job safely in the process industry
- Recognition from the HSE and NEBOSH to make the process industry safe
- Career development – Holding a qualification designed and assessed by NEBOSH and the HSE can help you stand out
What benefits will employers get from the NEBOSH Process Safety course?
When your employees achieve the Process Safety Qualification, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH course.
- A safer workplace – The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is all about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life. For employers this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Assurance – An employer whose workers are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to process safety management.
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management can help employers achieve international standards and can even help win new business.
Download the course fact sheet here.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on our NEBOSH courses.
NEBOSH Process Safety syllabus
The qualification is a one unit qualification and is broken down into four elements:
- Element 1: Process safety leadership
- Element 2: Management of process risk
- Element 3: Process safety hazard control
- Element 4: Fire protection and emergency response
Download the course syllabus here.
How is the NEBOSH Process Safety course assessed?
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is assessed by a 90 minute exam consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions.
The pass standard for the unit/qualification is 60% (24 correct questions out of 40).
You will receive your results within 15 working days of sitting the examination. Once you have achieved a pass a qualification parchment will be issued. This is normally within 20 working days of the confirmation of the successful unit.
Find out more about the assessment here
When will I receive my Certification?
Those who successfully complete the course and pass the assessments are awarded the official NEBOSH Process Safety Management will receive their results within 15 working days of sitting the examination.
Once you have achieved a pass a qualification parchment will be issued. This is normally within 20 working days of the confirmation of the successful unit.
Certificates will be posted direct to learners by us upon receipt from NEBOSH.
Find out more here.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Process Safety course?
We give you a 6 month period to complete the course.
How much does the NEBOSH Process Safety course cost?
£375 + vat for the distance learning course.
- This cost includes the tuition, examination and certification of the course.
**Important information for students using ELC funding**
ELC funding received for ELCAS approved courses is inclusive of the following tuition, examination and certification fees, course materials and VAT in the course cost as per ELCAS and MOD regulations.
Why not save some money and bundle courses together – please check out our bundle deals here.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the NEBOSH Process Safety course?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000.
To find out more about elcas funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements for the NEBOSH Process Safety course?
There are no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Click here to find more about the language requirements for NEBOSH qualifications.
How do I book the course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.