NEBOSH Construction Certificate |E-Learning
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety has long been established as the leading health and safety qualification for the construction industry. This course is s uitable for supervisors and managers within the construction industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to carry out their health and safety duties more effectively.
Many people take the Construction Certificate as the first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional development.
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is divided into 2 units:
- Unit NC1 – Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Unit NC2 – Health and safety practical application
Our course cost now includes the Open Book Examination as standard.
Here are some useful resources to prepare you for your examination.
Why choose the NEBOSH E-Learning Construction Certificate Online course?
Our E-learning is designed with you in mind:
- Flexible – One of the best things about learning online is the ability to pick up and drop your learning to suit your needs, with our easy to use online platform you can simply click resume and you’re right where you left off. Our E-learning can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Informative – Our E-Learning is split into 11 separate modules, created by tutors who have been delivering NEBOSH classroom courses for over 28 years.
- Cost-effective – All of the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course content without the added cost of a classroom.
What’s included with our NEBOSH Construction Certificate e-learning course
- 12 Elements of content providing up-to-date coverage of the NEBOSH syllabus.
- 12 months access to the course materials.
- Email-based tutor support to answer your questions.
- Mock assessments when you’re ready to take your exam(s).
Who is the NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course for?
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is aimed at those who are working in construction, civil engineering, utilities, property management, broadcasting, and other sectors. It is suitable for managers, supervisors, and CDM Coordinators and anyone who is looking to gain a career in the construction industry.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH Construction Certificate e-learning course?
- The key legal requirements for managing health and safety at work including Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- The importance of and key elements of health and safety management systems.
- The particular duties under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 of clients, designers, principal designer, principal contractors and contractors.
- Methods for controlling identified workplace hazards within the construction industry
What benefits will employers get from the NEBOSH Construction e-learning course?
When your employees achieve the NEBOSH Construction Certificate, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the course.
- A safer workplace – The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life for those in the construction industry. For employers, this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Assurance – An employer whose workers are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to protecting their workforce.
- NEBOSH is highly regarded in the construction industry. NEBOSH qualifications are what employers seek when it comes to health and safety.
- The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is supported by the construction industry Sector Skills Council (SSC) Construction Skills.
- The NEBOSH Construction Certificate can help employers achieve international standards and can even help win new business.
Download the course fact sheet here.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on our NEBOSH courses.
NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course content
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is divided into two units, each of which is assessed separately:
Unit NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Element 1: Construction law and management
- Element 2: Construction Site hazards and controls
- Element 3: Movement of People and Vehicles
- Element 4: Manual and Mechanical Handling
- Element 5: Work Equipment – Hazards and Controls
- Element 6: Electrical Hazards and Controls
- Element 7: Fire Hazards and Controls
- Element 8: Chemical and Biological Health Hazards
- Element 9: Physical and Psychological – Health Hazards
- Element 10: Working at Heights – Hazards and Control
- Element 11: Excavation Work and Confined Spaces – Hazards and Control
- Element 12: Demolition Work – Hazards and Control
Unit NCC2 – Construction Health and Safety Practical Application
For this unit candidates are required to:
- Carry out an unaided inspection of a construction site, identifying the more common hazards, and then deciding whether they are adequately controlled.
- Prepare a report to persuade management on remedial measures that need to be taken.
Download the course syllabus here.
How is the NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course assessed?
Unit NC 1
The aim of the assessment is for you to practically apply your knowledge and understanding gained from your studies of the NC syllabus. To do this, you will complete an Open Book Examination (OBE) based on a fictional construction site
You will have 48 hours to complete and submit your answers. You do not have to complete the examination all in one go.
The assignment is then internally assessed by NEBOSH.
It is the delegate’s responsibility to submit their written assessment within the timescale. Any assessments not returned by the deadline will result in the delegate failing this section of the course.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course?
We give you 12 Months Access and full tutor support.
It normally takes on average of between 4 to 6 months to complete the course.
What learning methods are available other than Online for the NEBOSH Construction course?
Other than Online, the course is available in the following learning methods:
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate – Distance Learning (Workbook, Tutor support Only)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate – Classroom
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate – In-House Training
Please call us on 01264 874466 to discuss this course option further.
How much does the NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course cost?
£650 + vat
- This cost includes the tuition, examination and certification of the course.
**Important information for students using ELC funding**
ELC funding received for ELCAS approved courses is inclusive of the following tuition, examination and certification fees, course materials and VAT in the course cost as per ELCAS and MOD regulations.
Why not save some money and bundle courses together – please check out our bundle deals here.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000.
To find out more about elcas funded courses – go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements for the NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course?
There are no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How to start your NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course
Please click on the button below to enroll on the NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or email email@example.com.