NEBOSH Construction Certificate | Virtual Classroom
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety has long been established as the leading health and safety qualification for the construction industry. This course is suitable for supervisors and managers within the construction industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to carry out their health and safety duties more effectively.
Many people take the NEBOSH Construction Certificate as the first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional development.
The qualification is a stand a lone qualification containing one unit:
- NC1 – : Managing construction safely activities
Aligned to CDM regulations, NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is guided by legislation but focussed on best practice.
Who is the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course for?
The qualification is aimed at those who are working in construction, civil engineering, utilities, property management, broadcasting and other sectors. It is suitable for managers, supervisors and CDM Coordinators and anyone who is looking to gain a career in the construction industry.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course?
With an emphasis on practical application, successful learners will be able to:
- Recognise, assess and control a range of common construction hazards
- Develop safe systems of work
- Take part in incident investigations
- Advise on the roles, competencies and duties under construction legislation
- Positively influence health and safety culture
- Confidently challenge unsafe behaviours
- Help manage contractors.
You will be better able to influence on-site colleagues to work more safely; because you will gain the confidence and technical know-how to challenge unsafe behaviours and offer practical solutions within the construction industry.
What benefits will employers get from the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course?
When your employees achieve the Construction Certificate, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH course.
- A safer workplace – The Construction Certificate is about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life for those in the construction industry. For employers this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Assurance – An employer whose workers are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to protecting their workforce.
- NEBOSH is highly regarded in the construction industry. NEBOSH qualifications are what employers seek when it comes to health and safety.
- The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is supported by the construction industry Sector Skills Council (SSC) Construction Skills.
The qualification can help employers achieve international standards and can even help win new business.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on our NEBOSH courses.
NEBOSH Construction Certificate Syllabus
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is single unit qualification with a single assessment to be completed at the end of the course.
Unit NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Element 1: The foundations of construction health and safety management
- Element 2: Improving health and safety culture and assessing risk
- Element 3: Managing change and procedures
- Element 4: Excavation
- Element 5: Demolition
- Element 6: Mobile plant and vehicles
- Element 7: Working at height
- Element 8: Musculoskeletal health and load handling
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Electricity
- Element 11: Fire
- Element 12: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 13: Physical and psychological health
Download the NEBOSH Construction Certificate syllabus.
How is the course assessed?
- Unit NC1
The aim of the assessment is for you to practically apply your knowledge and understanding gained from your studies of the NC syllabus. To do this, you will complete an Open Book Examination (OBE) based on a fictional construction site
You will have 48 hours to complete and submit your answers. You do not have to complete the examination all in one go.
The assignment is then internally assessed by NEBOSH.
It is the delegate’s responsibility to submit their written assessment within the timescale. Any assessments not returned by the deadline will result in the delegate failing this section of the course.
Unit NC1: 45 marks A ‘Pass’ must be obtained to achieve the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Construction Certificate course?
10 Days virtual classroom based training
How much does the NEBOSH Construction Certificate cost?
£1350 + vat for the virtual classroom course.
**Important information for students using ELC funding**
ELC funding received for ELCAS approved courses is inclusive of the following tuition, examination and certification fees, course materials and VAT in the course cost as per ELCAS and MOD regulations.
Why not save some money and bundle courses together – please check out our bundle deals here.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available for the NEBOSH Construction Certificate?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000.
To find out more about elcas funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
There is no entry requirements for this NEBOSH qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How do I book the NEBOSH Construction Certificate classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.