IOSH Managing Safely® | Virtual Classroom
The IOSH Managing Safely® course is a practical programme, delivered by experienced tutors, integrating a sharp business focus into the ethos of safety. The hands-on, jargon-free format engages and inspires, and has helped a huge range of businesses to raise their standards of safety and health. Delegates will be given an insight into health and safety practices, learning about their legal responsibilities to themselves, their employer, and others, according to current legislation.
Who is the course for?
This IOSH qualification offers a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors, and staff where health and safety are part of their day to day responsibilities. No previous health and safety knowledge or experience is required to register for this course.
What will delegates get from the IOSH Managing Safely® course?
What they need to know – and are perhaps reluctant to learn about – in a refreshingly informal way. The knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
- Enables you to assess and control risks and hazards
- Provides a full understanding of your responsibilities for safety and health
- Enables you to investigate incidents
- Empowers you to measure your own performance against good practice
Benefits of holding the IOSH course include:
- You will be able to study for a career in health and safety. It’s particularly useful for workers seeking further accreditation from a higher level qualification, for example, the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
What benefits will employers get from the IOSH Managing Safely® course?
- The course provides the skills and knowledge to Manage Safely
- Reduction in accidents and safety incidents
- Improved workforce satisfaction through increased safety awareness throughout the organisation
- Enhanced reputation with customers and suppliers
- Reduction in costs arising from avoidable insurance claims and legal fees
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces can use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on all IOSH courses.
IOSH Managing Safely® course content
The qualification has a total of 7 modules:
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing Risk
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Understanding Hazards
- Investigating Incidents
- Measuring Performance
See the full IOSH Certificate fact sheet.
How is the IOSH Managing Safely course assessed?
Learners will be assessed in two ways:
- The first part of the assessment is a 45 minute paper assessment, which consists of 30 questions in a variety of formats. In order to pass you must achieve at a pass mark of 36 out of 60, you will have two attempts.
- The second part of the assessment requires the learner to complete a workplace risk assessment using the standard IOSH form. The project will be marked using IOSH criteria by our IOSH assessor the pass mark is 23 out of a possible 36.
Candidates need to have completed both parts of the qualification to gain the full qualification.
Due to this being a remote learning course, assessment will be undertaken from your home.
How long does it take to complete the IOSH Managing Safely® course?
3 Days for the remote course.
How much does the IOSH Managing Safely® course cost?
£300 + vat
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
**We can also run an in-house course for 6 or more employees at your location anywhere in the UK or via ZOOM or Microsoft Teams.**
What funding is available for the course?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the IOSH Managing Safely® course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.