This qualification takes place over a 12 day period, plus exams.
Unit 1: NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Do
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
Unit 2: NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Element 1 – Construction Law And Management
- Element 2 – Construction Site – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 3 – Vehicle & Plant Movement – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 4 – Musculoskeletal Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 5 – Work Equipment – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 6 – Electrical Safety
- Element 7 – Fire Safety
- Element 8 – Chemical & Biological Health Hazards And Risk Control
- Element 9 – Physical & Psychological Health – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 10 – Working At Height – Hazards And Risk Control
- Element 11 – Excavation Work & Confined Spaces – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 12 – Demolition & Deconstruction – Hazards & Risk Control
Candidates are required to complete written examinations for the two units. The full nebosh construction certificate is awarded once both units and a practical assessment has been successfully completed and pass marks achieved. The practical assessment is carried out at the student’s place of work and must be return withing 12 days of the written exam.
After completing this construction health and safety courses, delegates will be eligible for Technician Membership of the The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), as well as associate membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).