fbpx Armed Forces | Southwest Health & Safety Training

ELCAS – Enhanced Learning Credits

Southwest Health and Safety a an ELCAS Approved Training Provider and therefore we are delighted to be able to support individuals looking to access financial support under the ELC scheme.

All our NEBOSH courses are complimented by the scheme and are currently conducted in both Amesbury, Wiltshire and Aldershot, Hampshire.

Making an Enhanced Learning Credits Claim

If you are a serving member or a veteran of the Armed Forces, dependent on your length of service you can:

  • Make a claim of up to £1000 (Lower Tier) or £2000 (Higher Tier – 8 years service)
  • Claim up to 3 times provided they are in separate financial years
  • You can claim for multiple courses, provided they are like for like and with the same provider

As a personal commitment to your learning, ELCAS require you to provide an individual contribution of 20% of the course fees. ELCs will cover the remaining 80% of the total cost.  

ELCAS Courses currently eligible for funding

  • NEBOSH National General Certificate (10 days)
  • NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management (5 days)
  • NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (9 days)
  • NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management (5 days)

Can I package my ELC claim?

Southwest have constructed packages that enable service leavers to combine several NEBOSH Certificate level qualifications into one ELC claim, meaning you get value for money for your ELC claim.

Elcas

How does Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) funding work?

ELC funding is governed by ELCAS for the MOD, the details of which can be subject to change so the information we provide should only be used as a general guide to help you get started.

The Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service (ELCAS) can give you the most up-to-date information about the scheme and the funding application process. You can also call them on 0845 3005179 or by emailing elcas@m-assessment.com.

Not sure which of our ELC courses is for you? Call our training team on 01980 676859.

Classroom based ELCAS package deals

One NEBOSH Course – £1200 = ELC Claim £960 + £240 (20% Personal Contribution) Total cost = £1200
(Example course: NEBOSH National General Certificate)

Two NEBOSH Courses – £2250 = ELC Claim £1800 + £450 (20% Personal Contribution) Total cost = £2250
(Example courses: NEBOSH National General Certificate plus NEBOSH Fire or Construction Certificates)

Three NEBOSH Courses– £2600 = ELC Claim £2000 + £600 (Personal Contribution) Total cost = £2600
(Example courses: NEBOSH National General Certificate, Fire and Construction Certificates)

Four NEBOSH Courses – £3000 = ELC Claim £2000 + £1000 (Personal Contribution) Total cost £3000
(Example courses: NEBOSH National General Certificate, Fire, Environment, and Construction Certificates)

Course dates

All our classroom course prices include VAT, Workbook, Exam costs, and refreshments

Tri service personnel

NEBOSH Online ELCAS package deals

One NEBOSH Course – £780 = ELC Claim £630 + £150 (20% Personal Contribution) Total cost = £780
(Example course: NEBOSH National General Certificate)

Two NEBOSH Courses – £1300 = ELC Claim £1040 + £260 (20% Personal Contribution) Total cost = £1200
(Example courses: NEBOSH National General Certificate plus NEBOSH Fire Certificate or Construction Certificate)

Three NEBOSH Courses – £1785 = ELC Claim £1428 + £357 (20% Personal Contribution) Total cost = £1785
(Example courses: NEBOSH National General Certificate plus Fire and Construction Certificates)

(All of our online course prices include VAT, Workbook, Exam costs and access to our extensive online learning platform)

RAF

We also have a number of courses that are eligible for SLC Standard Learning Credits

A guide to funding for learning in the Armed Forces

The Standard Learning Credits scheme allows service personnel to claim funding for learning. These credits are specifically designed for multiple, small-scale learning courses. SLCs can be combined with IRTC (Individual Resettlement Training Costs) for those leaving the Armed Forces.  (Please note they cannot be used with ELCs (Enhanced Learning Credits).

 

Don’t lose out on your £175 per year funding

For Example – A training course costing £252 will only cost you £77!

SLCs allow you to claim 80% of the course fee up to a maximum of £175 per financial year.

MOD Form 1950- Application to claim SLC

Our Mission

Our mission is Keeping you and your business safe by improving health and safety knowledge through training.

CONTACT US

Accreditations

We are proudly accredited with the following bodies...

Our Offices

Amesbury - Mills Way, Amesbury Wiltshire, SP4 7AU, United Kingdom

Aldershot - Gallwey Road, Aldershot GU11 2DD, United Kingdom

Sign up for our newsletter

Keep up to date with all our health and safety news