fbpx
Health and safety training

What does ELCAS mean to you?

We’re mighty proud to add our ‘ELC Provider’ badge to our list of accreditation’s, after a lengthy application and approval process.

We don’t mind the time it took to get here, it just means that those half hearted won’t proceed to do it, leaving us more room to shine bright and offer exactly what we promise.

                                                               But, what does ELCAS mean?

To non-military personnel, it may not be directly relevant, but it is good for Employers to know where these qualifications of ‘people whom they may employ’ actually come from. It helps to know also, that their applicant chose these qualifications out of many, meaning they are likely quite committed to the cause and the career route they have taken.

elcas courses list

ELCAS or ELC is the MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service. It was introduced to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces.

The scheme provides financial support in the form of a single up-front payment in each of a maximum of three separate financial years. ELC funding is only available for pursuit of higher level learning i.e. for ELC courses that result in a nationally recognised qualification at Level three or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) (England, Northern Ireland and Wales), a Level six or above on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) or, if pursued overseas, an approved international equivalent qualification with an approved learning provider.

enhanced learning credits courses

ELC training and courses are available to all serving military personnel, after they have served a required amount of time. More enhanced learning credits  become available as they serve for longer.  The aim is to provide them with external qualifications to help them when they leave the military or to extend their skill sets, whilst serving.

resettlement course

If you are a serving member or a veteran of the Armed Forces, dependent on your length of service you can:

  • Make a claim of up to £1000 (Lower Tier) or £2000 (Higher Tier – 8 years’ service)
  • Claim up to 3 times provided they are in separate financial years
  • You can also claim for multiple courses, provided they are like for like and with the same provider

*You must provide an individual contribution of 20% of the course fees (Enhanced Learning Credits will cover the remaining 80% of the total cost)

Within our company, we understand the Military framework and are proud to be of service to the men and women who may need us. It is paramount to those serving to have some goal or focus aside from the military and we hope we can now help them with their transitions, mentally and physically. We have done it ourselves…. so we will take this journey together in gaining elc training. For our men and women…. Enhanced Learning Credits courses is easier than ever before.

www.southwesthealthandsafety.com/armed-forces

June 10, 2019

0 responses on "What does ELCAS mean to you?"

Leave a Message

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *