Course price:£780 plus vat
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
NEBOSH Fire Certificate - ClassroomThe NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management is a popular qualification enabling you to broaden your knowledge and skills of fire safety. It will assist you in carrying out fire risk assessments and being able to identify the range of measures to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace; this will help to raise the standards of fire risk management in your workplace. It provides you with the foundation to carry out fire risk assessments and embed good practice within the workplace. The Fire Certificate is divided into 2 units:
- FC1 - Fire Safety and Risk Management
- FC2 in the form of a work-based practical assessment consisting of an inspection and report.
If you require to complete the NG 1 Element to gain the full National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management please check out the link here for course dates and further information.
What is the qualification level of the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course?The qualification is a Level 3 within the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
Who is the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course for?This qualification is for managers and supervisory staff who are responsible for their organisation meeting its responsibilities under fire safety legislation and also if you are keen to develop your knowledge and skillset to include fire risk management. Holders of this accredited qualification help their organisation to ensure it meets its fire safety responsibilities. It leads to a safer environment for employees and visitors to premises and an improved fire safety culture for employers and building managers.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course?
- You will have an understanding of the legal framework relating to fire and health and safety
- Understand the purpose and procedures of how to investigate fires in the workplace
- Outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedures in the workplace
- How to complete a fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
- Knowledge to do/act as a fire risk assessor
- Recognition from the HSE and NEBOSH to make the workplace fire safe
- Career development - Holding the NEBOSH fire qualification designed and assessed by NEBOSH can help you stand out
What our customers are saying
I recently attended the NEBOSH NGC course with Southwest Health and Safety. They have a friendly approach to teaching, using different methods to maintain enthusiasm and concentration throughout the course. Southwest Health and Safety is the correct choice should you require any training. The results speak for themselves.
What benefits will employers get from the course?When your employees achieve the Fire Certificate, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the qualification.
- A safer workplace – The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is all about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life from fire. For employers this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Assurance – An employer whose workers are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to protecting thier workforce.
NEBOSH Fire Certificate syllabusThe qualification is a two unit qualification and is broken down into six elements:
Unit FC1 - Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Element 1: Managing fire safety
- Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
- Element 3: Causes and prevention of fires and explosion
- Element 4: Fire protection in buildings
- Element 5: Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Element 6: Fire safety risk assessment
Unit FC2 - Fire Safety Practical ApplicationDownload the NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate syllabus.
How is the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course assessed?
- Unit FC1 is a taught unit assessed by a two-hour written examination on the last day of the course. The examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions which are 8 marks each and one ‘long-answer’ question which offers 20 marks. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
- Unit FC2 is assessed by an Fire Risk Assessment carried out in the delegate's workplace.
AccreditationNEBOSH is approved by SQA
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Fire Certificate classroom course?5 Days
What learning methods are available other than classroom?Other than classroom, the course is available in:
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate - Distance Learning (Workbook, Tutor support Only)
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate - Online
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate - In-House Training
How much does the NEBOSH Fire Certificate cost?£780 plus vat for the classroom course. The price of the qualification includes exam fees, course materials and refreshments. Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available?
ELCAS Course FundingMembers of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000. To find out more about elcas funded courses - go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements for the course?There are no entry requirements for this NEBOSH fire qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How long is the NEBOSH Fire Certificate valid for?This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly professional development.
How do I book the NEBOSH Fire Certificate classroom course?Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOOK YOUR COURSE HERE
Andover: 08 - 12 February 2021
Andover: 07 - 11 June 2021
Book a Course
|Andover: 08 Feb||£780|
|Andover: 07 Jun||£780|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.