Course price:£936 (including VAT)
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety | Classroom
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management is a popular qualification enabling you to broaden your knowledge and skills of fire safety. It will assist you in carrying out fire risk assessments and being able to identify the range of measures to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace; this will help to raise the standards of fire risk management in your workplace.
The course will provide you with the foundation to carry out fire risk assessments and embed good practice within the workplace.
The Fire Certificate is divided into 2 units:
- FSC1 – Fire Safety and Risk Management
- FSC2 – Is a work-based practical assessment consisting of an Fire Risk Assessment.
Who is the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course for?
The Fire Certificate is for managers and supervisory staff who are responsible for their organisation meeting its responsibilities under fire safety legislation and also if you are keen to develop your knowledge and skillset to include fire risk management.
Holders of this accredited qualification help their organisation to ensure it meets its fire safety responsibilities. It leads to a safer environment for employees and visitors to premises and an improved fire safety culture for employers and building managers.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course?
- You will have an understanding of the legal framework relating to fire and health and safety
- Understand the purpose and procedures of how to investigate fires in the workplace
- Outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedures in the workplace
- How to complete a fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
Benefits of holding the NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate course include:
- Knowledge to do/act as a fire risk assessor
- Recognition from the HSE and NEBOSH to make the workplace fire safe
- Career development – Holding the NEBOSH fire qualification designed and assessed by NEBOSH can help you stand out.
- You will be entitled to Technician Membership of the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (TIFPO)
What benefits will employers get from the course?
When your employees achieve the Fire Certificate, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the qualification.
- A safer workplace – The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is all about keeping people safe from injury and loss of life from fire. For employers this also means protecting valuable assets and avoiding prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Assurance – An employer whose workers are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to protecting their workforce.
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate can help employers achieve international standards and can even help win new business.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use thier Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on our NEBOSH courses.
NEBOSH Fire Certificate syllabus
The qualification is a two unit qualification and is broken down into six elements:
Unit FC1 – Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Element 1: Managing fire safety
- Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
- Element 3: Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and
- Element 4: Fire protection in buildings
- Element 5: Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Element 6: Fire safety risk assessment
Unit FC2 – Fire Safety Practical Application
How is the Fire Certificate assessed?
- Unit FSC1 is a taught unit assessed by a Open Book Examination(OBE) Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
- Unit FSC2 is assessed by an Fire Risk Assessment carried out in the delegate’s workplace.
The written practical has to be submitted to Southwest Health and Safety Training within 10 working days after of the FSC1 exam.
The assignment is then internally assessed and moderated by NEBOSH. It is the delegate’s responsibility to submit their written assessment within the timescale. Any assessments not returned by the deadline will result in the delegate failing this section of the course.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Fire Certificate classroom course?
4 Days Classroom and One day for the Open Book Examination (OBE)
How much does the NEBOSH Fire Certificate cost?
£936 (including VAT) for the classroom course.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000.
To find out more about elcas funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
There are no entry requirements for this NEBOSH fire qualification, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How do I book the NEBOSH Fire Certificate classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the NEBOSH Fire Certificate classroom course or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delegates will have the following included in the course cost as standard:
- Training and assessment fees
- NEBOSH approved textbook
- Comprehensive tutor support from an experienced Health & Safety professional throughout your course
- NEBOSH registration fees
NEBOSH is approved by SQA
The Fire Certificate is a Level 3 within the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
Other than classroom, the course is available in:
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate – Distance Learning (Workbook, Tutor support Only)
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate – Online
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate – In-House Training
Please call us on 01264 874466 to discuss these course options further.
This qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly professional development.
Andover: 09 - 13 August 2021
Andover: 13 - 17 September 2021
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.