Course price:£175 plus vat
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers
The manager’s role is to lead, mentor and support an employee to proactively engage in their employment, contributing to the growth of an organisation and working in a way that supports the individual’s own growth as well as the organisation’s objectives and values.
The management role involves supporting employees who may be showing signs of mental ill health in the workplace and this qualification provides an understanding of the basic principles relating to supporting mental health in the workplace and promoting a positive, ‘wellness at work’ culture.
The Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers qualification is divided into two units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing
- Unit 2: Mental health in the workplace for managers
Who is it for?
This qualification can be taken by learners preparing to enter employment or by those who are already in employment.
No previous knowledge or experience is required to attend this course.
What will delegates get from this Mental Health in the Workplace course?
A thorough understanding of mental health and mental illness:
- How to provide advice and support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions
- The first aid for the mental health action plan and how to utilise it
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health
- How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
You will have a better understanding of a range of mental health conditions and the support that can be provided by healthcare professionals.
Benefits of holding the Level 3 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers course include:
- Being able to recognise mental ill health in others
- Being able to support mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understanding how to engage in mental health conversations in the workplace
- How to support employees in relation to their mental health and ways to manage own wellbeing
What benefits will employers get from the Mental Health in the Workplace Course?
When your employees achieve this Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace qualification, they will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained and understanding from this Level 3 qualification.
To see the full list of benefits of Mental Health training to businesses, see our Understanding Mental Health course – What is it? blog post.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- Members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on our Mental Health courses.
Understanding Mental Health Course Syllabus
The Understanding Mental Health Adult (2-day practical RQF 3) Course covers the following subjects:
- Understand mental health and wellbeing
- Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
- Understand the moral, financial and legal rationale for supporting wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand the relationship between mental
wellbeing and the workplace
- Understand ways to engage in a mental health conversation with employees
- Understand ways to support employees in relation to their mental health and wellbeing
- Understand the absence management and return to work process in relation to mental health and wellbeing
- Understand ways to manage manager’s own wellbeing in the workplace
How is the Level 3 Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace course assessed?
This qualification is assessed by 2 multiple-choice examinations, which are externally set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
Assessment is also ongoing by the instructor each day, along with the written assessments above.
How long does it take to complete this Mental Health in the Workplace course?
This course runs over 2 days.
Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but we have the flexibility to accommodate your specific needs if you require.
How much does the Level 3 Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace cost?
The cost of this course is £175 plus vat per delegate and includes a manual and certification.
What funding is available?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for the certificate, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
How do I book the Mental Health in the Workplace classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.
|Andover: 15 Mar||£210|
|Andover: 19 Apr||£210|
|Andover: 14 Jun||£210|
|Andover: 12 Jul||£175|
|Andover: 20 Sep||£210|
|Andover: 09 Aug||£210|
|Andover: 29 Nov||£210|
The Level 3 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers is accredited with Highfield Qualifications.
Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers – In-House Training.
Please call us to arrange this on +44 (0)1264 874466.
Andover: 12 - 13 July 2021
Andover: 20 - 21 September 2021
Andover: 09 - 10 August 2021
Andover: 29 - 30 November 2021
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.