Course price:£195 plus vat
IOSH Managing Safely OnlineThe Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Managing Safely is a highly respected international qualification. Created and quality assured by IOSH this leading IOSH training course introduces managers to the normal aspects of managing health and safety in the workplace. It provides a relevant and deep understanding of the various issues within managers’ responsibilities and explores the reasons why good health and safety practices are essential for success in the workplace.
Who Should complete the online courseIOSH Online Managing Safely is a course for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation. It's designed to give managers all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their teams.
What will delegates get from the courseWhat they need to know - and are perhaps reluctant to learn about - in a refreshingly informal way. The knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they're responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
What will delegates' employer get from the courseA nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their managers and supervisors. Piece of mind offered by training that's designed and quality controlled, a program that can be delivered on-site at a time that suits them and often at a lower price.
IOSH CoursesDelegates will be given an insight into health and safety practices, learning about their legal responsibilities to themselves, their employer and others, according to current legislation.
Course ContentModules can be accessed at any time and from any location with a suitable internet connection. This allows participants to progress with the e-learning course outside of normal working hours.
- Introducing Managing Safely - Some managers may see health and safety as an add-on to their role, even an intrusion. The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams.
- Assessing Risks - This module defines and demystifies 'risk' and 'risk assessment'. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and delegates carry out a series of assessments.
- Controlling Risks - Here the session tackles cutting risks down, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks, and how to choose the right method.
- Understanding Your Responsibilities - The demands of the law and how the legal system works and introduces a health and system management system.
- Identifying Hazards - All the main issues any operation has to deal with are covered in this module - entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise, housekeeping and the working environment.
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents - The session starts with why accidents should be investigated and goes on to cover why things go wrong, and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
- Measuring Performance - This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
Duration:The IOSH Managing Safely E-learning is based on the 3-day classroom course. The time it will take to complete this e-learning is dependent on the time that you can attribute to your study. It typically takes around 22 hours of study to complete, and as such is valid for 22 hours of Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Assessment:The assessment for this course is split into two parts, a multiple-choice knowledge assessment, and a practical workplace risk assessment. The multiple-choice assessment is completed fully online, and your practical workplace risk assessment can be carried out on your own work place and then uploaded to our e-learning platform.
6 Month Licence
Book a Course
|IOSH MS - E-Learning||£195|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is Keeping you and your business safe by improving health and safety knowledge through training.