Course price:£800 plus vat
Event location:Unit 3d, The Enterprise Centre, Ludgershall, Andover, Hampshire, SP11 9FA
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
NEBOSH National General Certificate (2018 Syllabus)NEBOSH is the awarding organisation of choice for Health & Safety Professionals. The training is academically demanding which has led the NEBOSH National General Certificate to be the most recognised and popular qualification in the UK and abroad. The ‘General Certificate’ is divided into 2 units, NG 1 covering Health and Safety Foundations, Law and Management Systems, and NG 2 covering the control of workplace hazards, a work-based practical assessment consisting of an inspection and report.
Who Should AttendThis qualification is designed for anyone (managers, supervisors, and workers) in any type of organisation. It’s ideal for anyone who needs a broad understanding of health and safety issues to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively. Many people take the National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (NGC) as the first step in a career in health and safety. It gives a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
What will delegates get from the courseThe NG looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues. When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- advise on duties under the main pieces of UK health and safety legislation;
- help your organisation to manage contractors;
- work within a health and safety management system;
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace;
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- take part in incident investigations; and help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing, and review.
What will delegates' employers get from the courseWhen your employees achieve the NGC, they will be a huge asset to you. They will make a real difference in the workplace. They will have the knowledge, understanding, and skills to help protect the health and safety of all the workforce. They will also be able to help your business to comply with the law and maintain good practice, as well as helping the employer avoid huge costs from incidents and ill-health.
Unit NG1: Management of health and safetyWeek 1
- How we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
- Unit NG1 is assessed by a two-hour written examination
- Unit NG2 is assessed by a three-hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)
NG 1: 03 Aug - 07 Aug 2020
NG 2: 10 Aug - 14 Aug 2020
NG 1: 07 Sep - 11 Sep 2020
NG 2: 14 Sep - 18 Sep 2020
NG 1: 26 Oct – 30 Oct 2020
NG 2: 02 Nov – 06 Nov 2020
NG 1: 07 Dec – 11 Dec 2020
NG 2: 14 Dec – 18 Dec 2020
Book a Course
|NEBOSH NGC - 03 Aug||£800|
|NEBOSH NGC - 07 Sep||£800|
|NEBOSH NGC - 26 Oct||£800|
|NEBOSH NGC - 07 Dec||£800|
There are many benefits to taking your health and safety training with Southwest Training and Consultancy.
Book this course today!
Our mission is to keep you and your business safe by improving your health and safety knowledge through training.